1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Speedfeed or Remington Monte Carlo Stocks

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bryan64, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bryan64

bryan64 TS Member

I have a Remington 1100 with a standard stock that has had an adjustable butt plate added to it. The only shotgun that I can hit the broad side of a barn with is a Beretta 682x trap gun. I am thinking about putting a monte carlo stock on the 1100 to make the point of aim similar to the Beretta, and I have found two synthetic aftermarktet stocks, the Speedfeed and the one from Remington. I just wanted to see if anyone has used either of the monte carlo stocks and would recommend one of them over another. Either one can be had for about the same price so that isn't an issue. I am just looking to see what kind of experiences anyone has had with either stock. Thanks for you help.

Bryan

2. Andy44

Andy44 Active Member

I've got the Speedfeed MC stock on my 870, and it makes for a nice 16~20 yard shooter. The stock is a bit short (typical 870) but I've added a 1 1/8" Pachmayr Trap pad for a 14 1/8" LOP. No problems with the stock.

AndyH

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I believe the comb on the sf stock is a little less sharp than the remington one, but I think the remington one has more drop @ the heel if you need it.

4. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

have you considered the Wenig standard grade walnut stocks, They are not that much in the standard grade unfinished.

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Is this a monte carlo Speed Feed stock? I ask because I'm not aware of anything but a field pattern Speed Feed stock being made.<br>
    <br>
    Addendum - Does the stock have the Speed Feed feature built in, or is it a plain monte carlo without the Speed Feed feature? I'd like a monte carlo WITH the Speed Feed feature.

6. skeet_man

brian- SF did make a monte carlo w/ out the "speedfeed" magazine in the side. Dunno if its still available or not, but it was out there when I was looking for a cheap MC stock for my 1100 6-7 years ago.

7. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

can adjustable comb be put on these stocks?

8. skeet_man

definitely not on the remington one, and probably not on the SF one (the remington one is hollow, and i'm guessing the speedfeed one is as well. I suppose you could fill them with liquid acrylic/epoxy, but that'd be way too much effort.

9. bryan64

bryan64 TS Member

Thanks to everyone for the input. Speedfeed shows the monte carlo stock on their website, but it doesn't have the magazine in the side. I am looking at these because my Beretta has a fixed comb monte carlo stock and I shoot it ok.

10. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I shoot a really high Perazzi stock and I have both a S/F Monte Carlo and a Remington Synthetis Monte Carlo.

I like the S/F better.

Whiz

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Yeah, that's what I thought. I have a Speed Feed stock (the original style that has the shell holders in the stock) on my Mossberg 590. Handy feature, but the field stock is too low. I keep meaning to install a Scope-Eze comb one it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

12. bryan64

bryan64 TS Member

Whiz,

What is it about the Speed Feed that you like better than the Remington? How close are the stocks in shape and size? From the pictures I have seen on the Internet they sook pretty close, but that isn't the same as eyeballing one up close and personal. Thanks!

Bryan

13. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a speedfeed MC stock for an 1100--1187.It is like new. I didn't use it because I like parallel stocks and the SF has a little drop. If you are interested I will sell it for $35 + shipping from Pa. Bulge

14. bryan64

bryan64 TS Member

Bulge,
    I am definitely interested. I am going to attempt to send PM.

Bryan

15. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

Why don't you just shoot the 682?

16. bryan64

bryan64 TS Member

I do shoot the 682 almost all of the time that I shoot, but I would like to have another shotgun that I can hit something with.

17. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

The top of the M/C is not as abruptly sharp on the S/F. Stock seems a bit fatter.

18. ccw1911

ccw1911 Member

I'm doing an adjustable comb on a Speed Feed right now, looks doable to me, will post pics soon either way.

19. bryan64

bryan64 TS Member

Please do keep us posted on that. I am interested to see how that works out for you.

Bryan

20. bryan64

bryan64 TS Member

That looks really good!

Bryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

speedfeed 1100 monte carlo