1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SpeedBead

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by JJJ, Jul 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Have any of you trap shooters tried the Burris Speed Bead? I am having trouble with my eyesight & thought this would help. I realize it is 1X & that's what I want. Serious replies only.

I know you are suppose to be only looking at the target,however,I have never looked through one of these sights,but thought I could look through it at the target.
    Thanks,
    Joe Jordan

2. chipking

chipking TS Member

There is a fellow here in VA that shoots with a reflex sight on his Ljutic. Seems to me he handles both pretty darn well. Since you look through it at the bird there should not be the bead check kind of problems associated with using one. Depending on the eyesight issues you have it may or may not help. If it can help you keep shooting then it is very worthwhile.

--- Chip King ---

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Keep in mind that the Speedbead is set up for a pretty low alignment, meaning it is probably more suitable for field stocks than trap stocks. If you have a high comb your line of sight might be higher than the sight.

I was thinking about putting a Speedbead on one of my 1187 field guns, until I realized the comb issue, because I installed monte carlo stocks on all of my 1187s, including the field guns.

4. Lyle

Lyle Member

I am interested to hear how this works out. I put one on top of my burris FFII which is sitting on an AR-15 in .204.........put it up there for close in yotes. Have yet to shoot a yote in close with it............

Lyle

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

Rick digging deep into my 62 year old brain I'm pretty sure it was and about even with the front of the chamber.

--- Chip King ---

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Burris makes it with a weaver attachment so you could just put it on a scope mt.

7. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

Many thanks, for the serious replies.
    Joe Jordan