1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Speed up a Ljutic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by $$$SHTR, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Ljutic experts. Is there any way to speed up the lock time on a Ljutic. Is it as simple as getting a stronger spring??

Tomas

2. FLAKETM

FLAKETM TS Member

Ljutic has always said it has the quickest lock time in the business. I know mine was always real quick.

3. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

One way to speed the lock time on a Ljutic is to make sure the cocking rod does not interfere with the hammer fall.

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

never felt the need with mine...

5. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

One of the fastest on the market.

6. crusha

crusha TS Member

Not to sound like Neil W. here...but how would you know, accurately, whether you made a difference?

To put a more finely-sharpened point on the question - how have you measured it in the first place? Not how you've heard of other people doing it, but how have you done it, _yourself_?

Seriously. (If your response contains the words, "sound," "feel," or "perception," I just don't see how there's even enough data there for an intelligent discussion).

7. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

A properly tuned, lubed and clean Ljutic has a very fast lock time, and an excellent trigger. My Blaser is a bit faster and a bit more crisp, but not much! If you haven't done so in a while, replace the pins, springs ( I prefer the standard springs rather than the stiffer carbon silicon hammer spring) install the new spring-loaded firing pin (very good modification), and definitely clean the cocking rod and its chamber...I use a modest application of a very thin, clean lube like Gunzilla on it. After that, it should be up to the most demanding standards. Also, remember to lube the hammer/trigger sear on a regular basis...I use a silicone type black gun grease that I got from Brownells. Really good trigger!

WNCRob

8. $$$SHTR

$$$SHTR Member

Thanks for all the information. I've never cleaned the cocking rod and chamber. Guess I'll have to look at that today. I do replace the pins and spring yearly. I'll have to call Jimmy about the spring-loaded firing pin.

Again, thanks,

Tomas

9. Anchorsteam

Anchorsteam TS Member

...install nitrous...

10. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

buzz-gun , The word that really bugs me is "seems", such as the phrase; "seems" to be faster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.