1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

speed round ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Trap2, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Farwest.... I think you are flirting with danger trying to do this. Too much speed equals carelessness. Carelessness equals accidents. I would encourage you to think very carefully about what you are doing, and weigh the benefits against the possible reprecussions of such behavior....Safety is paramount in our sport, not speed.....Just my opinion......Dan Thome (Trap2)

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

"Fun Shooting" is just that. Do anything you like, as fast as you like (safely).

"Registered Shooting" is not about speed. It's about precision and competition where at the end of the day, the person with the mostest wins!

Many shooters are not competitive and gravitate to the "fun shooting" concept and the competitive shooters gravitate to the "registered shooting".

Curt - Delaware

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dude ... your freakin NUTZ!!!

Lets just look at it like this ... lets say that a box of shells cost you $4 and that round of targets cost you $4 as well for a total of $8 a round and you shoot all 4 rounds that way for a total of $32 and you have gotten about 6 minutes and 53 seconds of fun and enjoyment for that $32 which is equal to $4.80 a minute of enjoyment ... dude ... that is like freakin nutz ... do you know that you could most likely get a hooker for far less money per minute that your speed rounds of fun?

Your just NUTZ and that makes you fully qualified to be a part of TS.com ... welcome.

4. lumper

lumper TS Member

FarWest ... I just have to ask ... how old are you? Please don't take that as some sort of attack or anything cause it really doesn't matter but I get the gist of a feeling your about 20 or so, am I close?

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dont take this the wrong way but at 48 I'm sure that most of the shooters at your club wants nothing to do with such childish antics.

What is your home club that you do this at? I bet there would be people who might travel just to see your performance of a "Speed Round".

6. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Farwest... I'm all for fun shooting too. I will shoot just about any type of fun shoot a club can come up with, as long as it's safe. Trying to load and fire a single barrel trap gun as fast as you can on the trap line and still shoot a target in not what I would consider a fun shoot. Sorry, but I consider it dangerous. I also believe that most, if not all the range masters at any trap club would put an immediate stop to this in consideration to the safety of others. You cannot even begin to compare cowboy action shooting to trapshooting. They are two entirely different sports, set up differently. Speed shooting in cowboy action is done in a CONTROLLED enviroment, set up to handle just that type of shooting. Trapshooting is not. I can tell you, without question, this type of display would not be tolerated at our gun club under any conditions.........Dan Thome (Trap2)

7. lumper

lumper TS Member

Close to your age and no ... I'm not really interested in seeing a speed round. To be honest when your the only shooter on the line its not all that difficult to shoot a very fast round.

I was mainly asking where your home club is to see if there is anyone else around TS.com that could verify your fantastic shooting abilities.

I'll be honest ... your post has a somewhat distinctive odor of fish bait but it might be just one of those hey look at me and my wonderful shooting type of post to help you fit in or ... well ... it does have a certain odor of sort to it.

Either way ... welcome to TS.com, grab a box of shells and step up to the line and lets have some fun.

8. farwest

farwest TS Member

lumper
    thank you I had never thought of it as fantastic shooting abilites just wanted to see if there was competitive sport where a fast round of trap was shot. but I feel I just kicked a bees nest @###@% and yes it is easy to shoot a fast round of trap safely when you are the only one on the line and if I ever get it down under 90 sec. I will let you know

P.S . wobble is even better

farwest

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

Seems FarWest has begun to prove his fishing/trolling abilities as well as his fancy speed deletions of his postings.

10. Baber

Baber TS Member

Guys... Don't laugh but what he is talking about is a good demonstration if done properly. What is the difference between this and one of the speed shooters breaking 10 targets at a time or Matt Dryke Olympic Gold Medalist shooting a perfect round of skeet in 60 seconds. I seen both.

TB

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yes ... but when he starts out by saying how great of a shooter he is and he is also a new shooter as well who is breaking a consistent 22 or 23 shooting regular but breaking 24 or 25 when shooting his speed rounds make me think a whole lot more in the direction of ... well ... did you see his first postings before he deleted himself?

12. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Did the first part of this thread get deleted or something? It starts out with Trap 2 and something is missing like the subject.

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

I would fathom that his fishing/trolling expedition was not going the exact way he desired and he deleted his postings. From my memory he deleted at least and I think 4 of his postings but left or forgot about his 12:03pm posting.

14. clayshooter53

clayshooter53 TS Member

Hey FarWest... I don't know exactly what you were trying to do but I have shot on a "speed Round" with 5 shooters shooting a tournament 16 yard event of 100 targets where it took a little less than 8 min for the squad to shoot 25 targets. I am not saying this was dangerous as all the members of the squad were friends of mine and seasoned gunners who shoot quickly; and there was no running between posts either. As the number 5 shooter on this squad I barely had a chance to remove the spent cartridge, place it in my shell bag and load a shell in the chamber. When I had completed this reloading process it was time for me to shoot again. In the end I was low man on the squad with a 98. I believe I post better scores when I shoot within a squad like this because I have less time to have my mental processes take a hike on a few targets and see a zero for that bird. Yes it was exhausting; and yes the adrenalin was pumping full blast through my veins. It took me over an hour to get settled down. I was shaking, my palms were all sweaty, and my heart was pumping so hard I thought it would pop right out of my chest. All I can say is WOW What A Round! If you want a "speed Round" why not have a competition just like Tom Knapp, the shotgun showman for Remingtom. Take a hand full of targets (certainly no more than the gun magazine will hold. "Hand throw" the targets into the air and see if you can hit them all before any hit the ground. This would be a one man shooting event and it could be scored by timer from the moment the targets leave your hand until the last target is broken or when a whole target hits the ground.
    Best of luck to you and shoot straight.

Billy P from Rochester NY

15. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I've shot so-called "speed rounds" before, and they can be fun is not done at the expense of safety. But there's not much reason to do it!

16. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know come to think about this but doesn't the average trap machine take about 3 seconds to re-arm/load itself before it will throw another target?

Ya know ... if ole FarWest was really doing this all in the time he mentioned he would have have to shoot 25 targets from 5 different stations averaging about 4 seconds per target and that average includes moving from station to station as well. Just near damn impossible and ... well ... that would be like some serious record or something.

I fully understand now why he did delete his own posts when he was called for possible trolling/fishing and especially when he was asked where his home club might be to see if anyone could verify this fantastic shooters wondrous claims of shooting ability ... oh well I guess that is why he deleted almost all of what he said ... he was busted!

17. Zardozforty

Zardozforty Member

The fellow I know who falls into this category told me that he shot a registered event one time, a handicap, and he tied Bonillas and then beat him in the shootoff.

He gave it up after that because he didn't find it sufficiently challenging.

We don't mind his antics because it frees up a field sooner as not many people want to shoot with the guy.

18. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Where did farwest's original posts go?

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

19. farwest

farwest TS Member

first thread said more or less that I was a new shooter I have been shooting for 1 1/2 years and I had won my D class at the last trap meet for the first time

also that I like shooting what I call a speed round 1 min. 43 sec or less
    from the 16 with no other shooters at anytime

some of the older shooters say this will help me get on my birds faster as long as I set befor I shoot my avg. 22-23 I have not shoot a 24 or 25 speed shooting
    this all started as a personal can I do this and then to see
    if there was a competitive sport for this kind of trap shooting
    so I thought I would ask TS.com but receved alot of neg.feed back.

should have keept my mouth shut and had fun
    never have I ever thought of my self as a good shooter if I was A good shooter they would pull me
    out of D class.

speed shooting is fun if done safely even if you do end up
    25 shells in less then 2 min.

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

Jerry ... I tend to believe he deleted them. If admin deleted them then they would most likely have deleted the entire thread and if admin had deleted his existence along with all of his posts (like they have done to others in the past) I would tend to wonder why his posting at 12:03pm is still up there.