1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Speed of shooting and poi

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Jul 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

JT, I'll just ask you if you shoot any other games besides trap??? Because with a 60/40 gun I can shoot a target thats 8 yards away from me the same exact way I shoot a target thats 80 yards away from me without ever changeing my rib or comb or anything else. I see shooters who convince themselves that they need to shoot a 70% to l00% gun to break trap targets, because someone told them they need to!!! "WHY"!!! Then they have to re-adjust there ribs and combs from 16 yards to their handicap yardage. Then they get to play with it again if your shooting miss and outs, annies or the like when shooting a target at 60-75 yards out!!! In short if you like to shoot all 3 games keep it simple and shoot a standard 60/40 gun. As far as what is the right POI for you??? Only you can answer that question!!! It may change as your game improves as well. Good Luck and break em all Jeff

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

A fast shooter shoots a rising bird. A slow shooter shoots a flat or falling bird...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.