1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

speed of a round

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by nipper, May 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nipper

nipper TS Member

is it just me?? when i shoot with 3-5 other trap shooters,its like a race to the finish for 25 shots. pull,pull,pull,pull, etc. dosent seem like but a second or maybe two between shots,is this the normal pace,as in, what seems to be shoot as fast as possible or is their a more "normal" pace??

bill

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

I would say it all depends on the shooters your on a squad with. On my SCTP team it seems like what you described, "pull, pull, pull" one right after the other. But at my normal practice club, it's maybe a 7-8 second interval between each shot. When I first started shooting, the slower the squad shot the better I shot, until I learned to tell myself to go ssllooowww no matter what the speed of the squad. Josh

3. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

It sounds like that squad needs to change the radio station in there heads to some nice slow classical music instead of the fast beat hippity hoppity type of music.

4. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Fast shooters don't bother me at all. Slow shooters do.

5. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

Nipper,
    I suspect that you are not really shooting every 1 to 2 seconds. If that were the case you would be completing the field in about 5 minutes. THATS FAST.
    Jollytrapshooter's time frame seems a little more believable. His round for 5 shooters would be about 18 minutes. Thats a little slow.
    The squad I normally shoot with will complete a round in about 15 minutes.
    DTD

6. nipper

nipper TS Member

i meant each shooter is about a second or two apart,not i shoot that often. anyway i guess that is why pre squad is so popular now.

bill

7. littlebear

littlebear TS Member

Nipper,
    I also meant that each shooter shot about 2 seconds after the previous shooter. If you feel rushed just slow down. Shoot at your own pace. This is an individual game, you just happen to do it as a group. I agree completely with your comment about presquading. It is nice to know who you are shooting with.
    DTD

8. IM390

IM390 Member

No, some shooters like to play mental games in competition. It's like saying "Golly do you swing slow, you should keep up with the rest of us!" The shooter will then think maybe he IS TOO SLOW and speed up and consequently screw up his timing. I take my time and if someone doesn't like it, too bad. Years ago with old traps it made some sense because if a position one got a straight away, the second shooter could also get one by calling pull right away and the trap wouldn't have time to osolate. Newer traps don't do than any more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.