1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

speed gun for setting targets

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by james huffington, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. james huffington

james huffington TS Member

Does anyone have any experience with the Bushnell speed gun in setting target speeds? I would apprecieate any advice in using a speed gun for setting said targets, Do you think its worth the cost, the model I'm looking is a entry grade low cost model. thank you and good shooting.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Jim, One of the guys at my club has one. We use it to set targets from behind the trap house.They work fine and compared with another make they read the same.

3. james huffington

james huffington TS Member

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

As long as you are willing to get the gun down to the level of the top of the traphouse and point out horizontally over it- and clock the targets from there, hot higher - the gun will work just fine. It's a bit awkward and uncomfortable, but it works.

Neil

5. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

Neil..I have found that taking the Bushnell gun into the trap house when setting targets simplifies the process. Set a straight away over the "T" bar or use the angle finder on the top plate of the Pat Trap at about 23 degrees, I believe the mark is set. Hold the radar gun next to the machine and crank the speed to 42 MPH, as close as can be asked for. Set the field left & right stops and all done! Works for us!
    Target speeds can be checked from behind the house and show no speed difference.

Big Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.