1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Speech G.W. Should give tonight!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Luckyman, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luckyman

Luckyman Active Member

The speech George W. Bush SHOULD give:
    Normally, I start these things out by saying "My Fellow Americans." Not doing it this time. If the polls are any indication, I don't know who more than half of you are anymore. I do know something terrible has happened, and that you're really not fellow Americans any longer. I'll cut right to the chase here: I quit. Now before anyone gets all in a lather about me quitting to avoid impeachment, or to avoid prosecution or something, let me assure you: there's been no breaking of laws or impeachable offenses in this office.
    The reason I'm quitting is simple. I'm fed up with you people.
    I'm fed up because you have no understanding of what's really going on in the world. Or of what's going on in this once-great nation of ours. And the majority of you are too damned lazy to do your homework and figure it out. Let's start local. You've been sold a bill of goods by politicians and the news media. Polls show that the majority of you think the economy is in the tank. And that's despite record numbers of homeowners including record numbers of MINORITY homeowners. And while we're mentioning minorities, I'll point out that minority business ownership is at an all-time high. Our
    unemployment rate is as low as it ever was during the Clinton Administration. I've mentioned all those things before, but it doesn't seem to have sunk in.
    Despite the shock to our economy of 9/11, the stock market has rebounded to record levels and more Americans than ever are participating in these markets. Meanwhile, all you can do is whine about gas prices, and most of you are too damn stupid to realize that gas prices are high because there's increased demand in other parts of the world, and because a small handful of noisy idiots are more worried about polar bears and beachfront property than your economic security.
    We face real threats in the world. Don't give me this "blood for oil" thing. If I was trading blood for oil I would've already seized Iraq's oil fields and let the rest of the country go to hell. And don't give me this 'Bush Lied People Died' crap either. If I was the liar you morons take me for, I could've easily had chemical weapons planted in Iraq so they could be 'discovered.' Instead, I owned up to the fact that the intelligence was faulty. Let me remind you that the rest of the world thought Saddam had the goods, same as me. Let me also remind you that regime change in Iraq was official US policy before I came into office. Some guy named 'Clinton' established that policy. Bet you didn't know that, did you?
    You idiots need to understand that we face a unique enemy. Back during the cold war, there were two major competing political and economic models squaring off. We won that war, but we did so because fundamentally, the Communists wanted to survive, just as we do. We were simply able to outspend and out-tech them. That's not the case this time.
    The soldiers of our new enemy don't care if they survive. In fact, they want to die. That'd be fine, as long as they weren't also committed to taking as many of you with them as they can. But they are. They want to kill you. And the bastards are all over the globe. You should be grateful that they haven't gotten any more of us here in the United States since September 11. But you're not. That's because you've got no idea how hard a small number of intelligence, military, law enforcement and homeland security people have worked to make sure of that.
    When this whole mess started, I warned you that this would be a long and difficult fight. I'm disappointed how many of you people think a long and difficult fight amounts to a single season of 'Survivor'.
    Instead, you've grown impatient. You're incapable of seeing things through the long lens of history, the way our enemies do. You think that wars should last a few months, a few years, tops. Making matters worse, you actively support those who help the enemy. Every time you buy the New York Times, every time you send a donation to a cut-and-run Democrat's political campaign, well, dammit, you might just as well FedEx a grenade launcher to a Jihadist. It amounts to the same thing.
    In this day and age, it's easy enough to find the truth. It's all over the Internet. It just isn't on the pages of the New York Times or on NBC News. But even if it were, I doubt you'd be any smarter. Most of you would rather watch American Idol.
    I could say more about your expectations that the government will always be there to bail you out, even if you're too stupid to leave a city that's below sea level and has a hurricane approaching. I could say more about your insane belief that government, not your own wallet, is where the money comes from. But I've come to the conclusion that were I to do so, it would sail right over your heads.
    So I quit. I'm going back to Crawford. I've got an energy-efficient house down there (Al Gore could only dream) and the capability to be fully self-sufficient. No one ever heard of Crawford before I got elected, and as soon as I'm done here pretty much no one will ever hear of it again. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to die of old age before the last pillars of America fall.
    Oh, and by the way, Cheney's quitting too. That means Pelosi is your new President. You asked for it. Watch what she does carefully, because I still have a glimmer of hope that there're just enough of you remaining who are smart enough to turn this thing around in 2008.
    So that's it. God bless what's left of America. Some of you know what I mean.

2. flylta

flylta TS Member

That's scary!

3. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Anyone keeping track of how many times this has been posted in the past :)

4. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Not enough times!

5. skeet100

skeet100 Member

I voted for the Bush but he has turned out to be a miserable President.

I may give Fred Thompson my vote next time??? At least he can speak on things he belives in without having to read it word for word and he don't want to take my guns. That wild man from Texas(Ron Paul) is who I would really like to see in office, you may not like him but I bet he would shake things up for a few years. And a shaking up is what Washington needs.

6. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

he forgot to mention the record number of foreclosures that followed the record number of homeowners...heh.

Props to sub-prime mortgage madness!!!

7. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

I voted for Bush and I'm proud of it. He is still my President. I agree with the speech and feel like there's a lot of people that want the cake and eat it too. They want to go home but don't realize what it takes to get there and when confronted with the circumstance turn in to cry babies that have just never grown up. Jackie B.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

3,711 times, plus this one makes it 3,712 and counting ...

9. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

He has 35% approval and thats almost twice that of the congress that is opposing him.

10. Ellen

Ellen TS Member

Luckyman:
    I really like this speech even if it is the 3,712th time someone has posted it.
    I will be watching tonight and I am a hard core BUSHIE too. I don't always agree with him but in the long run he is about as right as you can get on all subject matters. I believe he will go down in history as one of the best presidents along with Ronald Reagan. If nothing else I give him a big "E" for all of his efforts to straighten out a country that was screwed up by Bill Clinton, who was only looking for his own personal sexual desires to be fullfilled and his own pocketbook to be filled. I certainly do not want another Clinton in the White House. If Hilary is elected what would Slick Willy's title be,let me give you a clue "First Pervert"?

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Rick, your above post is COMMON SENSE. It's been tried on liberals for many years and it has been proven to have NO EFFECT. Please stop trying this tactic, as you will only frustrate yourself, and others who agree with you. Thank you. :)

12. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

George Bush as one of the greatest presidents right alongside Reagan? OMG...I can understand people agreeing with him...but when the vast majority of the public thinks he's doing a crap job (along with a good size chunk of his original supporters and many of the power GOP...it just boggles the mind you could even make this statement. As far as approval rating...he's right there alongside good ol' Jimmy Carter.

yes. Rick...you're right, but you also forgot to mention how the lenders were lending to people who 10 years ago would have had no chance at getting a loan because they obviously would not be able to handle the payments. Those shady sub-prime lenders who'd lend money to a person living in a carboard box in the alley sure boosted the "homeowners" numbers...but now we're seeing the truth of the matter. Banks got scared to hell things were going to collapse. It sure looked good on paper and at the time. But sadly, many Americans aren't smart enough to realize that they cant live beyond their means in such grandiose ways.

13. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

RIck...I'm all with you there...but those arent the majority of this last foreclosure run, or have you not been paying attention to the sub-prime lending fiasco?

14. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rick I agree with you forthe most part that this does happen. I am a retired community banker with 30+ years of lending in a poor county. We never got into that sub-prime game you hear so much about. Most of those lenders are the tv advertising abusers that lend to people who should never have had a loan to start with. Credit is not a right it is earned over time with proper handling of ones affairs and obligations. I watch the legal section daily and the foreclosures are way too many. There is a right way and a wrong way for everything and sometimes a "No Way Jose"!

15. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I think he should have another Colonoscopy! They didn't remove enough of his brain!

16. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

God bless poor GEORGE, nobody else gives a dam about him.

17. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

RIck...I'm all with you there...but those arent the majority of this last foreclosure run, or have you not been paying attention to the sub-prime lending fiasco?

18. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rick I agree with you forthe most part that this does happen. I am a retired community banker with 30+ years of lending in a poor county. We never got into that sub-prime game you hear so much about. Most of those lenders are the tv advertising abusers that lend to people who should never have had a loan to start with. Credit is not a right it is earned over time with proper handling of ones affairs and obligations. I watch the legal section daily and the foreclosures are way too many. There is a right way and a wrong way for everything and sometimes a "No Way Jose"!

19. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I think he should have another Colonoscopy! They didn't remove enough of his brain!

20. tgun90

tgun90 TS Member

God bless poor GEORGE, nobody else gives a dam about him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.