1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Specific Advice Please: Snowblower(s)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Chango2, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chango2

Chango2 Active Member

Firstly, thanks to all who have helped advise. I now realize I should look for a quality two stage blower in the spring and summer to get ready for next year. Most new blowers have been sold. I do note what appear to be some excellent used blowers for sale at good prices in mountain areas; people giving up living in the snow etc. Question: Ariens is so far my first choice, but I have seen some clean used Honda and Husqvarna 2-stage blowers for sale. I don't question the Honda 2-stage engine(s), I have a sentimental fondness for Husky (had Husky offroad motorcycle years ago) but have heard good and bad about the Husky snowblowers.

Any further advice and relating of experience re. Husky and/or Honda greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

David

2. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have a Honda HS928 with tracks.Love it .I clear a total of 4 driveways and a narrow cul-des-sac street so the city truck doesn`t roll a berm across the curb again.No need for tire chains with the tracks.There will still be a little slipage if ice layer under snow.With the tracks I can back right up or down stairs to clear a deck.Even multi-level ones.Hondas are pricey but my local dealer is on Hondas board of directors for their outdoor equip.I have Hondas for lawn mowing,power washing,and on 2 BillyGoat yard vacs.No oil usage,quiet,and fuel efficent..John.

3. B V

B V TS Member

I have a 10 year old Honda 928 on tires that I purchased new.

I have changed the motor oil once a year And replaced a few shear bolts when I got into chunks of ice thrown in by the highway plow.

I have been more than satisfied with it and would buy another.

The two big advantages over the brands that my neighbors have(Craftsman and Ariens)
    are the hydrostatic transmission on the Honda which allows me to change direction and vary my travel speed with one lever and no clutch. also My Honda is quiet enough for me to hear my neighbors machine running while I am doing my driveway with the Honda.

4. DJM

DJM Member

I have a Honda 5.5 hp 24" two stage that I bought new 22-25 years ago. It still runs as quiet and strong as it did new. Starts easily with rope pull. Throws the Minnesota snow 25'. All I have ever done is an occasional oil change. This machine amazes me every time I use it. The down side - I paid $800 back then and I hear replacement cost has doubled or more since. Don Miller

5. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Ariens!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.