1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Special Trap Rib on Standard K80

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by everettjunior, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

If you already have a standard K80 can you put the special trap rib on it?

Everett

2. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

No. They are completely different in fit and how they function.

3. everettjunior

everettjunior TS Member

Thank You

Everett

4. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

Are you talking about fitting a Trap Special barrel to a standard K80? If so the answer is YES. The rib is on the barrel, not the receiver. You will probably have to make some adjustments to the stock, such as longer posts for an adjustable comb. If you are talking about changing the rib on an existing barrel, a call to the factory will give you the best information on feasibility and price.

5. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Amazing.

6. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

To clarify my statement, you can not simply switch to the new high rib on your old unsingle barrel. You can fit the new barrel with the high rib to your existing receiver however. I answered your first question assuming you only wished to switch ribs.

I doubt if the factory will quote changing your old style unsingle to a trap special design. You would be far better off selling your existing barrel and buying a used or new trap special high rib barrel set. You might even be better off cost wise simply trading guns as the stock will have to be modified as well and if it's a combo set you have the additional cost of modifying that barrel set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

k80 trap special pro rib combo retail price