1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Special thanks to Jeff at Kolar

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Didreckson, May 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

I had the unfortunate experience of having my gun break in the middle of a registered shoot in Reno. Being it was a new high end gun, did not figure on the forearm having issues (sheared off two flat head socket set screws?), and did not bring backup gun(s). I won't do that again, as I had probably 6 sitting in my safe at the Reno house which is on the other side of 395 from Sage Hills.

Jeff from Kolar was at the shoot with their wares, and I had checked out a combo looking for an o/u solution for doubles. As I was looking for someone to repair my new forearm, Jeff stepped up without hesitation and offered me a gun to finish the shoot. He even went so far as give me a practice ticket and a box of shells so I could dial in the replacement gun as it shot a bit flat compared to my normal shooter.

With all the stories about bad deals, poor service and lousy experiences, I thought it only appropriate to let everyone know that the boys at Kolar are just terrific guys and truly interested in the shooter and how their products work for them. Jeff had no idea of my interest level, just stepped up to the plate without hesitation to help me out.

I truly did appreciate it, and have a trip to Racine on the radar screen for this fall when we go back to the US Open tennis in NY in early September.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just a point of clarification, I don't BELIEVE Didreckson was implying that the gun that broke was a Kolar (I thought the same thing the first time I read it through, but it doesn't quite read that way to me upon closer examination.

3. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

It was not a Kolar, but another gun probably considered even higher end than a Kolar. Jeff was so ready to help out, without any reason I could see.

I ran the last 25 with the TS, which did not hurt anything with my opinion of the replacement gun. What was more surprising were 25 ink balls, not my usual chips and chunks.

I was so taken back by the concern and courtesy, just had to let everyone know. Great service is alive and well, and it resides in Wisconsin.

4. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Was one of the main reasons why I opted for the Kolar over some of the others.

5. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

Jeff is One of the nicest guys I've ever met. I bought a New Kolar in 2007 after saving for quite a while, I Flew back to Racine and had the Stock fitted. really awesome experience. Jeff makes you feel like your his best friend. I had a couple of friends that owned Kolar Shotguns and they raved about the Fitting process and how detailed Jeff is when you get fitted. All I can say is WOW They were right. Then 2 years ago at the Grand Jeff Took time out of his busy schedule to watch me shoot a round just so he could watch how I moved to the target. He had me raise my comb a bit more also had Keith work his magic on the Trigger... I went back out and absolutely ground 24 targets form the 27 Yard line. Jeff and all the guys from Kolar are Quality people, "Top Shelf"

6. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I'm jealous.

7. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

Jeff Mainland is, without question, a champ of a human being...just don't tell him I said so...I don't want it going to his head LOL

8. illiniphil

illiniphil Member

To anyone that has ever dealt with Jeff Mainland - this story is of no surprise. Just a great guy that "gets it"!

Kolar makes a fantastic gun and Jeff makes it even better being involved in the fitting and the deal.

Phil Kubow

9. showmeapair

showmeapair TS Member

Dittos regarding Jeff M. He's a wonderful guy that made me feel like I was Kolar’s only customer when I flew back to Racine, WI last year to get fit for a Max T/A stock. He will also make time to answer any questions customers have after the sale.

-=-Ferdi

10. bas

bas Member

Jeff was buying at the GWG? Wow, I'm sorry I missed that shoot! Just to reaffirm, the folks at Kolar are the absolute best...BAR none! (no pun intended)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.