1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

SPECIAL SHOOT & FREE LUNCH, TRI CO, REDLANDS 7/1

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by E. Beaver, Jun 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

SPECIAL SHOOT AND FREE LUNCH: July 1st is our Champion of Champions shoot. The eligible member with the highest combined score for Singles, HC, and Doubles will be the winner. Ties shoot-off. This is the only event at Tri County where one can be in a shoot-off. In addition there will be awards for class champions for all shooting classes as well.

SIGNUPS ETC: Signups are between 7:45 and 8:45. We will award prizes for our last months shoot at 9:00 and shooting will start shortly thereafter. All members, new members and guests are welcome. Shoot all or part of 100 singles, 50 Handicap and 50 anytime doubles.

ENTRY FEES: Singles, 100 targets, 6 classes - $33.00, Jr. $26.00, Guest $29.00
    Handicap, 50 targets, 5 yardage groups, $17.00, Jr. $13.00, Guest $14.00.
    Doubles, 25 pair, 5 classes, $17.00, Jr. $13.00, Guest $14.00. Admin fee $5.00.

PRIZES: We have approximately $700.00 worth of prize each month! There are prizes for members for HOA, Singles and Doubles for all classes, AAA, AA, A, B, C, and D. And for Handicap 20, 21-22, 23-24, 25-26 and 27 yards. Also for high Vet, Sr. Vet, Lady, and Junior.

BILL AND RUTHIE HUNTER AWARDS: there will be a Silver Dollar Money Clip to the high score in D Doubles and a Silver Dollar Necklace to the lady with the highest score in Singles. Both the money clip and the necklace come with $20.00. Thank you Bill and Ruthie Hunter for your continued support.

MIKE WIRZ AWARDS: We have Mike Wirz of Wirz Wholesale to thank for a prizes to be announced.

BUCKLES: there will be a Tri County Trap Club/Redlands Shooting Park Buckle for Singles B, 20 yard HC and Sr. Vet (70+) class. Your choice, the Buckle or $40.00.

HANDICAP JACKPOT: Open to members who have completed 6 HC events. Each yardage group has their own jackpot. Two dollars per shoot to enter. A score of 50 gets what is in the pot, 49 gets half. Ties divide.

FIFTY-FIFTY: Tickets are $1.00 each, 6 for $5.00 and 12 for $10.00. Half goes to the winner and half goes to our club.

LUCKY DOG: All member singles shooters with scores at or above 90 eligible for a drawing worth $50.00.

LEWIS: Three classes $10.00

ANNUAL 12-POINT BUCKLE: Earn a point for winning, tying or shooting a score equal to or above the average winning score for last year in all events plus HOA.

ANNUAL AWARD BUCKLES: There are 30 first place buckles based on the average of your best 9 scores plus a Grand Champion Award.

REDUCED MEMBERSHIP: From April through September the memberships are reduced to $20.00 for individuals and $25.00 for families. New members will pay a one-time $30.00 initiation fee in addition to the annual membership fee. Guests may shoot 2 times without paying the membership fees.

SHOOT SCHEDULE: Our shoot schedule for the 2011-2012 shoot year is: July 1st, Aug 5th and Aug 26th.

Lunch is free for our July 1st shoot.

To pre-squad or for additional information please go to http://www.tricountyrap.com

Charlie
  2. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Thanks to our president Ken Seumalo, here are more details on the Champion of Champions shoot.

Champion of Champions Qualifications (Article 3, Section 3.03 (b) of the Clubs Awards Program & Rules and By-Laws)
    (the TARGET YEAR for this shoot is October 2010 through September 2011)

1) The member must have participated in a minimum of nine (9) shoots during the target year.

2) The member must have earned a minimum of 12 points or have won a minimum of one Singles event, one Handicap event, AND one Doubles event in their classification or yardage group during the target year.

3) As an alternative to item #2 above, the member can qualify by having previously earned a 12-point buckle or a Champion of Champions buckle and must have participated in a minimum of nine shoots during the qualifying target year.

TIES:
    Shoot-off for tied scores for the Champion of Champions HOA Award:

a) Ten singles targets.
    b) Ten handicap targets from the designated yardage.
    c) Ten doubles targets.
    d) Shooters will continue until the tie is broken. Shoot-off sub-events must be completed.

Tie breakers apply to Champion of Champions HOA and individual Class HOA ties.

See you there:

Charlie
  3. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Ahab, how many sleeps until the big day?

Charlie
  4. roofcutter1

roofcutter1 TS Member

5. In plain view

In plain view Member

Charlie, easy now, it's too early to wake Ahab up. Bob
  6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

I am awake Bob!

It's getting close!
  7. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Up for Tri County Trap Club and Redlands Shooting Park.

The best combination going!

Charlie
  8. dave-320c

dave-320c Active Member

Question:

Mike and I joined October 2011 and July will be our eighth event. We have both won a buckle in one event or another; we both have over 12 points to date. We both have a couple of HOA's.

Do we qualify for the Champion of Champions Shoot?

Thanks in advance

David
  9. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

David:

I have passes your question on to our club president. I will let you know what I find out.

Charlie
  10. dave-320c

dave-320c Active Member

Charlie

Thanks. We look forward to the answer.

Dave and Mike
  11. goldenbear

goldenbear Member

The Champion of Champions Buckle is hand engraved silver. It is similar to the annual Grand Champion (club champion) buckle. These two buckles are a higher quality.

This year the Champion of Champions shoot is expanded to include additional awards for qualified HOA class winners as well. The above shell pouch is a mock up of the type of awards that will be presented.

Have fun and good luck
  12. RayReys

RayReys Member

I don't qualify his time but I think I'm in for next yr haha- I'm excited for this Sunday! My goal is to beat Ahab in doubles, none of this long run stuff lol jk ;)
  13. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

RayReys ... only 2 more sleep until you can try!

:)
  14. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Hi Dave and Mike:

The Champion of Champions shoot for last October was moved to this July. The qualifications for the shoot relate to last year's shooting which means that you are not eligible for the Champion of Champions buckle.

However, We are giving leather pouches for the class winners as a new addition to the Champion of Champions shoot, you will be elegible for the pouches in your class.

Come on out and win a really nice pouch.

Charlie
  15. dave-320c

dave-320c Active Member

See you all Sunday

Dave and Mike
  16. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

The weather forecast looks good for Sunday.

High of 89, sunny most of the time and winds at no more than 6 MPH.

Good luck to everyone.

Charlie
  17. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

And a good time was had by all!
  18. E. Beaver

E. Beaver Member

Thanks Bob, now it's tri county!

Charlie
  19. RayReys

RayReys Member

I'm sitting here on my lunch break missing those tacos from the shoot- good times indeed... did beat Ahab in doubles but he got me on singles and handicap ...darn you Ahab! ;) good shooting sir!
  20. dave-320c

dave-320c Active Member

Great shoot as usual; the best!

Any idea when the scores will be posted?

Regards, and see you all next month,

Dave
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.