1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

%%% Special Project Rib for O/U %%%

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Mar 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

As we announced earlier this month the development for the new DeVault Over/Under shotgun has been started. Below are photos of the concept that we will be using to build our first Over/Under rib. The rib is very low profile in the photo, it is only 3/32" higher than the Delrin Rib that Bill McGuire is currently shooting for sporting clays. The goal was to keep the rib as low profile as possible. Our barrels will be split all the way back to the mono-block no side ribs. The collar on the front of the barrels will be solid, with both barrels shooting at the same POI. The adjustment on the front of the rib will require NO TOOLS to adjust. There is a rounded button installed that pushes back and unlocks the teeth, move the rib and let the unit slide back in place when you have it where you want the rib to be. I believe that we have the most adjustment of any sporting rib currently on the market. 12" of vertical adjustment. This set up will go from 80% high to 10% below center if desired. Our cad designer did a great job with the concept and it is really helping us to bring about the changes that the shooters are asking for. As always we appreciate the opportunity to show off the developments and thank you for looking.

Dennis DeVault & The Crew

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The rear of the rib is installed from the side and swivels in 3/4 of a full circle. This gives the rib plenty of bearing surface to take the recoil and it will stay locked in place. If there is any flex in the barrel the shock will be taken by the spring loaded plunger in the front of the rib.

[​IMG]

2. RED Z06

RED Z06 Member

Nice bit of engineering!

3. Mark425

Mark425 TS Member

I really like it. Nice to see an adjustable rib that's not a mile high.

4. lbshootin

lbshootin Active Member

Hi Dennis....put me in line for this upgrade to my 29.5 Mirage barrels.....LarryB

5. i_shoot

i_shoot Member

Dennis, I love it!!

i_shoot

6. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

7. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

To LarryB,

I will post the photos when I finish the Mirage that we are doing now. I am hoping to have enough material on the mono-block to attach the rib post to the block. Will not know until late next week. On this barrel we are going to remove the side ribs and have the barrel split all the way back to the mono-block. I want the gun to shoot a full pattern high and keep the rib as low profile as possible. That will be a full pattern high with the rib all the way down against the barrel. If we can get a good set=up on this process I might want to start doing it to other guns. For right it is just a way of us to experiment with concepts for our own new Over/Under.

Dennis Devault

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.