1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Special Christmas Card Please LQQK!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by SirMissalott, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

When doing your Christmas card this year please try to include one or two to the address below.

A Recovering American Soldier
    c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
    6900 Georgia Ave.
    Washington DC 20307-5001

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Already sent mine....

Curt - Delaware

3. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

Walter Reed Army Medical Center officials want to remind those individuals who want to show their appreciation through mail to include packages, letters, and holiday cards addressed to 'Any Wounded Soldier' or 'A Recovering American Soldier' that Walter Reed cannot accept these packages in support of the decision by then Deputy Undersecretary of Defense for Transportation Policy in 2001. This decision was made to ensure the safety and well being of patients and staff at medical centers throughout the Department of Defense.

In addition, the U.S. Postal Service is no longer accepting "Any Service Member" or "A Recovering American Soldier" letters or packages. Mail to "Any Service Member" that is deposited into a collection box will not be delivered.

http://www.wramc.amedd.army.mil/Lists/WRNews/DispForm.aspx?Id=24&

4. SirMissalott

SirMissalott Active Member

I didnt know that anybody have any other ideas? Its worth the effort!!

5. starship

starship TS Member

While it sounds like a great idea, unfortunately it doesn't work.

6. K-80 GUY

K-80 GUY TS Member

Starship has it right. I checked with the post office this morning. They advised that any mail sent to that address would NOT be delivered.

7. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Contact your local National Guard and or Reserves....see if they will get a package(s) delivered. That's what I did and it was no problem.

Curt - Delaware

8. GrubbyJack

GrubbyJack Member

If you want to support the troops, find you local MOMS ON A MISSION,
    I was there in OIF2 (Operation Iraqi Fredom II, 2004), and they were the greatest, you knew if you got a "CARE package" from them it was GREAT...
    Check your local Guard or Reserve Armory, they should know the local group..
    GRUBBY...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.