1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SPEARS RELEASE TRIGGER INFORMATION

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by KK, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KK

KK TS Member

I would like some information about Spears Triggers vs Timney and other release triggers for Remington 870's. Are they better than the Timney? Are they the best or worst trigger on the market? Any information would be appreciated. KK

2. bhartley

bhartley TS Member

Stay away from spears, good parts,poor warantee.

3. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Timney made good triggers for 1100 and 870, but Timney retired and they're out of business now. Spears is the best trigger and their warranty service is the best. I sent a 391 trigger back to them because I wanted a higher set weight and Darrel fixed it for me at now charge. Great company to do business with.

4. furface

furface Member

Spears triggers are better than last timneys built. The ones that Wrights made from the last of the castings are good triggers. I have Timney, Schwab and Spears. The old Timneys were made like a tank, and they were adjustable. I have a friend that shot one for 20 years before it needed repairs.I have never had a problem with Spears, Darrel's service is great. The Schwab is a good trigger but is no longer made and looks like a Spears.
    A release trigger is part of a machine and needs cleaning and care like any thing else. I think the only problem that you would have with Spears if you screw it all up before you send it back. They come with that warning. Darrel Johnson will treat you right.
    Good luck, Joe Baker

5. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Darrel has done 2 for me and they work great.

6. FPBristol

FPBristol TS Member

I've had many triggers done by Darrell at Spears. 1100's, 391, Browing Gold, Supreme Double Release, several others I've forgotten, and never have I had a problem with function or service.

7. DocJim

DocJim Member

Recently had a problem with my Spears. Sent it to Darrel and he cleaned it and replaced a spring so is now working perfectly. No charge AND I had not even purchased the trigger new from him. Turn around time was great too.

Jim G

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
sears relese trigger
spears release rigger

spears release trigger

spears release trigger any good

spears release triggers

spears trigger
spears trigger company
speers release trigger