1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spears Gunshop

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Dacri, Oct 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dacri

Dacri TS Member

Does anyone know if Darrel is on vacation... I have tried all day to reach Spears Gunshop and just get a recording, but I can't leave a message?

2. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I talked with Darrel on Oct 18th. He is behind in his workload because he has been very sick, he didn't say with what. He may have had a relapse which would explain the inability of leaving a message. I sure hope he's OK. Bob K

3. Trapsooner

Trapsooner TS Member

I attempted to call today both numbers listed in Trap & Field with no luck, the message service for both numbers would not work.

Hopefully we will get a update here from someone as to how he's doing.....

Thanks

4. Dacri

Dacri TS Member

Thanks for the response, my 525 has been with him since Oct 7th. I hope to hear something soon.

5. Dacri

Dacri TS Member

On my last post, I said he had the gun from Oct 7th, he accepted delivery on Sept 7, 2007. I am now getting worried since I cannot reach him by phone.

6. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

mine has been gone a month, i talked to him 2 weeks ago he said he had some help & he was swamped with work, i hope he is ok, i tried calling his cell phone this morning, & it said he was not taking any messages.

7. Dacri

Dacri TS Member

Yes, I hope he is ok first, but I wish he would put a message on his phone or answer our emails. Maybe someone in Kansas can go by and try to find something out about his intentions? This kind of non-response cannot help his great business.

8. Inspector 12

Inspector 12 TS Member

Seems like if he is buried behind busy or ill, he might not have time to surf the net an post notes here. Also, he wouldn't be the first craftsman to avoid the phone so that he could focus on trying to get.

From all the posts I have read here, Spears has an outstanding reputation. Seems like if I had trusted him enough to ship my gun to him in the first place, I would be a little patient with getting it back. I don't know what his normal turn around is, but here in the northwest there are a couple of gunsmiths that take six to eight weeks to complete their work and return the gun. A long time to wait, but their work is worth it.

Just my opinion guys, I hope this doesn't turn into a bashing of someone with a good reputation.

9. Dacri

Dacri TS Member

Not bashing, but his promise was three weeks... it has now going on 9 weeks. I certainly relied on that good reputation and am willing to wait if Darrell is ill, I would just like some communication about when to expect it back.

10. Dacri

Dacri TS Member

I will keep you posted, I'm sure Darrel will communicate soon, his reputation is too good. Thanks to all for thier comments.

11. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

He's had one of my guns since 9/20, at which time he said it would take four weeks. I was just about to give him a call. Guess I'll give it another week or so. Now, stop calling the man so he can finish MY gun. Thanks!

12. DOBER01

DOBER01 TS Member

He received my BT 100 trigger on Aug 4th( and cashed check same day) to convert to release.Still no trigger after several follow up calls. Three weeks turned into 3+ months.Will ask for refund and return of my trigger. Hope it is not lost. BT100 triggers are hard to come by.

13. hairtrigger

hairtrigger TS Member

i just talked with darrell this morning, he has a terable sinus infection he cant shake, he has been rite down, he is dizzy & his eyes wont focus & he is under a doctors care, but the good news is he is back to work a little every day & doing as much as he can every day. are prayers are with you darrell.

gregg,

14. Dacri

Dacri TS Member

Thanks for the update... I can hang in there with him while he gets his strength back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.