1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spears Gunshop - Abbeyville, KS

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Recoil Sissy, Jul 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

The purpose of this post is to correct some erroneous information I've recently read about Spears Gunshop in Abbeyville, KS.

I just got off the phone with Darrell Johnson - owner of Spears Gunshop. Darrell is still very much in business building new release triggers and performing other gunsmithing services.

The only difference is that Darrell is involved in a gun design project. Design I learned, is one of his passions.

The project is designing a new upper for AR-15's. It may or may not affect turnaround time on other services. For example, something coming in to his shop today would have a turnaround of two weeks. However, it could be faster or slower depending on exact details. Of course, that's true for every business every day.

Here's the bottom line...

Darrell is in the release trigger and gunsmith business and will continue to be in the future. Whether you need routine service (like me) or are considering a new Spear's release trigger, give Darrell a call.

Darrell Johnson

Spear's Gunshop

207 N. Main Street

Abbeyville, KS. 67510

620-286-5671

sissy

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I used them years ago and was very satisfied

3. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

I called Spears. Unfortunately they are not doing Perazzi releases. Bummer since it is tough to find gunsmiths that will do Perazzi releases without hooking the hammers.

The metal in P hammers is too soft in my opinion. I hope someone out there picks up the slack. Allems waiting list is long and big $$$.

4. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member

I was very happy with the release triggers he did for me on my Browning Sporting Clays. I wouldn't have found him had it not been for referrals here on TS.Com.

Bob

5. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

My first Spear's release was for a BT-99 in 1990. Since then, the Spears shop has built double release triggers for a pair of Citori's.

As long as I shoot Browning target guns, Mr. Johnson will be building, maintaining, and tuning the release triggers.

sissy : )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
spears gun shop

spears gun shop kansas

spears gun shop release triggers