1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spears Gun Shop

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 1ozreloader, Sep 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

Anyone have any idea what is going on with Spears Gun Shop. Sent a gun in for release triggers a while back and have not heard anything. Spoke to them in July, said it was on bench and he would have it out in a few days. So far nothiung.

2. spicypete

spicypete TS Member

I've been waiting about 8 weeks. A recent post about Spears reported that he just received his gun last Friday after about a 3 month wait. I guess we'll just have to be patient.

3. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

I am patient. They got the gun on April 22nd. Adore his work. Shooting tremendous scores. Broke 490 of 500 16's earned yardgage at Ind. State shoot Broke aniother 99 yesterday the 4th. Just hoping he does not have serious health issues or something

4. spicypete

spicypete TS Member

Wow. That's well beyond being patient. What bothers me is that he seemingly isn't doing the work in order of when received. You're well over 4 months and someone just got theirs back last week after waiting only about 3 months. What's with that.

5. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

Just hope I get it back, my barrels are getting lonely

6. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

I just went to the post office today and picked up my receiver from Spears Gun Shop. It was several months. I still cannot contact Darrell Johnson though.

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

7. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

Put this shop on the Do Not Call list. He may do good work but leaving customers wondering where the heck their gun is and not returning inquiries, is unacceptable.

8. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I dealt with Darryl latter part of last year and he was right on time with his work and very cordial on the phone . Whatever the new business is , he shouldn`t take away from the existing one . Just what is being brought forth on this thread will surely take business away from both that he has . Too bad for him as he is an excellent trigger man and only wished I got a double release at the time .

9. blaster

blaster Member

It must be nice to set back and complain when nothing is known. I have sit with a gunsmith when he is working and WILL NOT answer the phone because he is too busy to get to people. People think that there gun is only gun in there or its done in a few hours. You should be happy that he does not a good job but a great one.

10. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

Smoken:

My gun has been there since April. Spoke to him end of June and he said it would be done in a week. Perhaps you should read all the threads. We are merely asking where our guns are. It should seem normal that when service has been completed in the past very quickly and with high quality and then it goes to months with no delivery, that questions would arise. No matter how busy someone is there is always time to either return a phone call or perhaps come on here and merely explain the delay. I am sure the vast majority of his customers with guns there would be understanding if there was a reply and information about our guns. I work in a sales position. When a customer is awaiting product due to a production delay, lack of materials or other problem they only want to be kept informed. When there is no information, when rumors and problems arise.
    Not one person has questioned the quality of his work or his integrity.
    So you are going to come on here and act like if you had a gun in for months you would not be the least bit oncerned! Sorry, can't buy that at all. Right now I own two trap guns. One is here and one is in Kansas several hundred miles away. If the one I am using breaks I can not shoot!! Now that would anger me!

11. 1ozreloader

1ozreloader TS Member

Wonder when it will ever come home?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

spears gun shop