1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spears Gun Shop

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jon Reitz, Sep 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jon Reitz

Jon Reitz Well-Known Member

Has anyone spoke to Darrell Johnson at Spears Gun Shop in the last week or so? I have been unable to reach him on either the shop or cell phone. Also both his message boxes are full so you cannot leave a message. Something just doesn’t seem right here.

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

2. Jon Reitz

Has anyone heard anything about Spears?

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Nobody, his phone will not accept calls!!

4. Jon Reitz

dawg,

It worked two weeks ago when I called to check on a receiver.

Thanks,

JR

5. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

I can't get through either. When I talked to him a month and a half ago, he mentioned something about starting a second business. I have a Beretta 687EELL in getting a release/pull put in. I hope things are still on the up and up.

6. spicypete

spicypete TS Member

Darrell has had my Beretta, and my money, for about 8 weeks now. I also found that you only get his answering machine with a full mailbox and no way to leave a message. Hopefully he's just tied up for awhile and all is well. But if anyone has any better information I would welcome a post or e-mail. Thanks Pete.

7. oleolliedawg

I got back a Beretta today!!

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

I called him a while back to get info on a release trigger. After about two minutes on the phone, I decided I would NEVER do business with him.

Good luck on your dealings with him.

9. spicypete

spicypete TS Member

Oleolliedawg, that's good news. Might I ask how long he had your Beretta before you got it back.

10. Hoosier Daddy

Hoosier Daddy TS Member

8 weeks to wait for work on a gun is just unacceptable to me. I will send my guns to Doug Hubbart for trigger work. The guns were done and returned to me within a week.

11. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Three weeks for my Browning from ship date to date of receipt back and he was very easy to deal with. I'd use him again.

Bob

12. oleolliedawg

spicypete, way too long-like several months. Never had an issue with Darryl before but I'm sure he'll straighten out soon-I hope!!

13. spicypete

spicypete TS Member

Oleolliedawg, thanks for the info. At least we know that he's still working. I'll have to just sit tight and wait. A guy from our trap club sent one in last year and got it back in about 3 weeks. And when I called Darrell before mailing mine, he estimated 4-6 weeks. Oh well, thanks again. Pete

14. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I had Darrel do a release for a Model 12 several years ago. He estimated a "turn around time" of 2-3 weeks. Although the work was satisfactory it took several phone calls and approximately 8 weeks to get my trigger back. Just stating my experience with him. Since then I have had Skeets Gun Shop do a 682 double release for me and have had Phil Crenwelge do several release triggers for me. They were done in a timely manner and were done in a professional manner. I would not send another trigger to him. Again, not because of his workmanship; but he surely does not meet his turnaround times. JMHO.

15. Jon Reitz

I have an update; well sort of. The good news is that the postman left a card yesterday morning indicating a package was being held at the Post Office for me. (Probably something from 'dawg!). I can go get it Tuesday. The bad news is that the receiver I've been waiting months for did NOT arrive - yet. Stay tuned...

16. Jon Reitz

I just went to the post office today and picked up my receiver from Spears Gun Shop. It was several months. I still cannot contact Darrell Johnson though.

Thanks,

Jon Reitz

17. spicypete

spicypete TS Member

I just received my Beretta back from Spears. The gun was delivered to the shop on July 12 and back to me today September 17. So about 9 1/2 weeks for those of you who may still be waiting. Can't wait to try it out.

18. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Just talked to Darrel last friday and he answered all my questions and sent me an email,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

spears gun shop

spears gun shop release for sale
spears gun shop release triggers
spears gun shops
spears release triggers
spears shotgun triggers
spears triggers