1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Speaking of Perazzi Trigers.............

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brucestorey, Apr 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brucestorey

brucestorey Member

Since there seems to be some people here with a wealth of knowledge on Perazzis and their triggers, I thought I would ask a question that I never really could get an answer for at Shotgun World.

Sometimes, my MX3 Special with a P4, non selectable trigger hesitates when changing over from the lower barrel to the upper barrel when taking the second shot of a pair. It doesn't matter whether I am shooting 12 gauge or .410 -- it is still the same, so it's not an issue where the inertia block needs to be adjusted for recoil sensitivity. I take the first shot with the lower barrel, then I can hear, only a tiny fraction of a second later, a click, as the selector changes from lower to upper, as it drops from the sear at the inertia block. Only a couple of times, has it taken long enough for me not to be able to make the second shot of a pair, but it does eventually drop off of the sear without me having to whack the butt on a wall. What I usually have to do to make it work properly for a few hundred rounds is, drop the trigger and blow out the area near the inertia block. Although I can't see any dust or oil, something must be getting in there, because blowing it out always does the trick for a little while. This is a relatively new problem and it has me baffled.

I just put a very tiny amount Gun Butter oil on the sear which seems to have made the selector slide off of the sear quite a bit more easily, but I am afraid that now I have oil on the sear, it will accumulate dirt easier and compound my problem. I will find out this week when I shoot.

Does anybody know what might be going on here? Is this a problem anybody has heard of before? If so, what do I need to do? Is oil on the inertia block sear a bad idea?

Thanks,

Bruce

2. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Assuming all of the trigger springs are good.. Your tree needs a little fine stoning.. It's developed a burr or two.. OR you need a new tree

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Could be the inertia block returning to battery is rubbing on the inside, side of the wood. Look for some wood/metal contact. I've seen this happen oftern and particularly when it is humid and the wood espands a bit.

WW

4. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

A little bit of Red Lipstick on the inertia block will make rubbing easier to spot..

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

yeah, that's what my wife warned me about!!!

6. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Yea, I had that problem with the red lipstick once too, after my wife found it in the glovebox of the 4x4.

Told her I didn't like the color so I refused to wear it. ;-0

Whiz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.