1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Speaking of December 7, 1941........

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by whiz-bang, Dec 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

Rick google "war birds in lake Michigan" Tons of info there. Back in the 70s and 80s I did a lot of fishing on lake Michigan. I was told there were about 200 war birds in the lake and seen photos of a Hell cat sitting on the bottom.

2. JeweTW

JeweTW TS Member

Rick

The CEO of Furnas Electric Company when it was still in business that I worked for. Had one of the planes in the link you provided. If I remember right, he told me that the Military wanted some for the museum & to help keep the cost down. They let the salvage company sell a couple off for there fee. His was the F4F-3 Wildcat that he had restored & I had a chance to sit in it along with his P40. Since I worked in the Maintenance Dept, when his plane was restored we had to make a display with the extra items that still worked. Battery was still able to work & we hooked it up to a couple of light bulbs that came out of the plane. He use to go to the Oshkosh Air Show ever year & had the plane & display there. He located the pilot that flown the plane, was going to have him at the air show, but he was in bad health. The pilot could have been the one in the link. My Ex CEO was Dick Hansen

http://www.warbirddepot.com/aircraft_fighters_f4f-lewis.asp

Tom Jewell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.