1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SPEAKING OF A SORRY SO CALLED TRAPPSHOTTER

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by rrose, May 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrose

rrose TS Member

0   0   0

Lee
    It is a shame that you found some one that would not stand by his word. Don't give up on the people that are regulars here on ts. I think you will find that most of the prople on here are good people that do stand behind their word and they can be trusted. I have bought and sold around 10-15 trap guns and other things here in the 5 years I have known about the site and all of my transactions have been good and I have made several new friends because of it.
    Good luck with in your quest to fix and sell mec loaders, there are often people on here looking for a nice used loader.
    randy

2. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

bd, If you didn't send out the loader before payment, no real damage done. If your story is true, Kevin is a butthead. We also know who wears the pants in his family.

3. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I do that almost every time I sell something on here. As Randy said, there are a lot of good people on here.

I recently heard from a poster from Alaska who wanted a rifle stock I had advertised a few months ago. I had no idea what the shipping costs would be, so I had my wife ship it and called him with the cost. The check for the total arrived in a few days.

Ed

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

0   0   0

Beware of any man who ask his wifes permission to buy anything, no wonder there are so many divorces ... I usually say to my wife when she is looking at what I bought, "Hey, look at what I bought", she just shakes her head and walks away ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I have bought and sold loaders on this forum with zero problems. I think that is how it goes nearly all the time. Sounds like you got the unfortunate exception, sorry to hear that but don't give up on this group, you will have better luck next time.

6. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

LEE: Why are you being a hardass. Times are tough and maybe he was embarassed to call you. You have your pound of flesh, you have outed him on a world wide web site. This may cause him harm you don't even know about because you appear not to be to internet literate. You have called him a dishonest person causing him more embarassment to any friends on here and anyone who would GOOGLE his name. How many offers did you turn down because of him, must be none or you would have blamed him for that.

You lost nothing but yet you trash another human being and shooter, must make you feel real big. This was between you and him yet when he was honest with you and told you he couldn't buy it, you took it to another level. I am beginning to think the real butt head is you. To me you are someone to be avoided because if you will this over virtually nothing what do you do over something significant.

Don

7. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

0   0   0

tell us what you really think!!

tony

8. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Be gentle BIGDON. This guy looks like a liar and a wimp to boot. Neither is he a member of the ATA. Of course, there may be another side to this story we're all patiently waiting to hear!!

9. todd farris

todd farris TS Member

0   0   0

Hey guys

I have bought guns and loaders from multiple people on this site and have nothing but good experiences to talk about. If anything was bad, it was me in my last arrangement with a gentleman, it took me forever to get a check out to him for a reloader and he was nothing but class! I also never ask for anything to be shipped until the check is received.

Todd Farris

10. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

BIGDON did you even read Lee's post? The buyer told him twice that he was going to send the money order. He did not send it either time. Does that make the buyer an honest man? Was he reckless with the truth on both occasions? Instead of being such a jerk toward Lee, you should be a little more open minded.

11. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

So, Lee, what are you out. It fell through. How much money are you out? Can you still sell the loader? Sell it and don't bad mouth the fellow. SOmetimes things happen. You waited for payment and did not get it, you have the loader. Maybe he had good intentions and something happened with his family or finances or somehting else. To smear a man's name over something so trivial seem to me to be overboard. You may be mad, but your response on this forum is way too much.

Mike

12. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mike, is telling the truth about the situation badmouthing someone? And, it seems that he did have something happen with his family, he is hen pecked and lets the woman tell him what he can and can't have. And,when is telling the truth about a matter, smearing a man's name? I was always told while I was growing up that a man had just two things in this world that are worth anything, his word, and his honor. Lose either of em and ---------- well, I think ya get the message.

13. Bill Marsh

Bill Marsh Guest

0   0   0

I recently bought a really good Perazzi from a seller who sent the gun as soon as my dealers FFL FAX reached him. Seller told me to just send him a check, just a personal check.

Another seller on Gunbroker told me to send a certified check and then he would ship the gun immediately. I sent it to him. He cashed it. I sent him five emails and made four phone calls, asking for a tracking number over at two week period. ZERO response! Finally I reported him to Gunbroker and sent him an email saying that I was bringing mail fraud charges against him.

The next day I got a tracking number and a very nasty email. The gun arrived in a few days, but I found it was misrepresented. Had a MoblilChoke barrel -- not a backbored Optima and he only sent two of the four chokes he promised. He had a three day inspection period, but I was sure as hell not sending it back!

The weird thing was that he had over a thousand good feedback points -- but the last feedbacks were negative, claiming no response, etc. But they had not sent any money becasue he had not responded.

This was the only bad experience I have had buying guns online. But as mad as I was at him, I am not publicly posting his name. Anyone wants to ask me in private...... I am open!

14. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

He admitted his problem just what the hell do you want. Move on - no just beat this in the ground.

How many people find a new site just to trash someone over what a $100 if that?

Just what did the buyer have to gain by telling Lee he was sending the money? It would appear to me that he was interested or he wouldn't even go that far. Maybe he had given his wife his word before he said the check was in the mail.

I love you hero's that spout honesty and your word. The last guy that told me that I had to chase for a month to get the money he owed me. If you have honor and back your word you don't have to tell anyone they can tell by your actions.

Don

By the way it is trapshooter not "trappshotter"

15. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Don, by the way, it is not "hero's" either. Just for the record.

16. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

0   0   0

You are not the bad guy here Lee. If you were told on two separate occasions, by the buyer, that he was going to send the money order, you have every reason to expect to receive the money order, period. It doesn't sound like it was your fault that the buyer backed out. It is a good thing that you did not take him for his word and send him the loader.

Also, welcome to the website. There are a lot of good people that post here, please don't let certain posters bother you. It is good to have another member here who is knowledgeable about reloaders.

Have a good evening, Rodbuster.

17. Trappy12

Trappy12 Active Member

0   0   0

BIGDON, I'll have to second that on the whole honestly thing. There is a gun shop around here that I have been to a few times. And old guy runs it and expectedly did not recognize me the additional times and gives the same speech every time about how "he doesn't dip into pockets too deep," yet tried to charge me $1600 for a new standard BT-99. Those who are soft-spoken about their honesty are those to trust for sure.
    -Trappy

18. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

0   0   0

i hope big don gets screwed next there should be feedback left for all transactions on here

19. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

0   0   0

Someone's been drinking the Michigan water too long.....

Sissyboys, thieves and idiots need to be exposed for what they are.

Curt

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Why not worry about something really important??

By the way how did Lee get screwed?? He lost nothing but some time.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.