1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spartan Remington 310 o/u?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bodybuilder, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Local kmart has put them on clearance for $369 anybody have any experience with them? Would they be worth that as a hunting gun?

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'd rather buy a used 870 Wingmaster.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

dito on the 870, but 1 member has SPR310S sporting model with ported barrels. He has run many rounds through it for 2 years now. Not one to take care of his gun. It has not had a problem yet? Although the autosafty drives him nuts. These spartans are the same as Baikal line, as by looks. another member bought his son a 20g, another bought the 12g single. The are tough to swollow if you are used to handling any well fitted gun. I do feel they are better than the Turkish guns in the same price range. One note, remove the stock and clean action well. The 20g owner was having a few problems with trigger setting and safty sticking. Aparently the anti corrosion they put on the metal surfaces is quite gummy. Savage arms made a decent entry level shotgun, they still around?

4. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Check this review. It's from the UK, but it looks to be the same gun.

http://www.sportinggun.co.uk/guns/148905/Remington_Spartan_310_shotgun_review.html

Here is another:

http://www.shootingtimes.com/longgun_reviews/spartan_SPR310_032906/index.html

These guns are Russian made Baikal shotguns. Not very well fitted and finished, but they seem to be OK for a field gun. $369 is a decent price since they retail around $500 and list about $600. I looked at one in 20ga, but decided to spend the money on something else. They are a bit heavy in the smaller gauges, or at least they felt that way to me.

5. Big Dave

Big Dave Member

I have a Baikal 12 ga O/U,somewhere, still in the box. I shot one post with it to try it out. So stiff it took two men and a mule to open it after every shot. If anyone is interested, I'll dig it out later today and get the particulars for it. $300 plus shipping to your FFL.

6. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Do you currently have a hunting gun? If you do then it aint worth it at all ... if you dont have a hunting gun then it still aint worth it at all.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Stay away!!

8. bodybuilder

bodybuilder TS Member

Big Dave send me an E-mail and maybe I'll just buy yours! gwlowe25271@yahoo.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

baikal sps 310 for trap

remington spartan 310 problems