1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta...Where to stay?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by droptine, Jun 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. droptine

droptine TS Member

My son just won the state sub-junior singles. We're going to the Grand for the first time...nothing could be more helpful than some insider tips. Already got the airline tickets, now if you could just help out with where to stay and where to not stay.
    Thanks, Eric W.

2. RLC323

RLC323 Member

Congratulations to that boy! Lots of name brand accomodations in the O'fallon area, about 40+ miles northwest of Sparta. Since you are flying into Lambert I would look in that general east of the river area first.

3. slugger

slugger Member

O'Fallon or Fairview Heights.

4. jimbohughes

jimbohughes TS Member

R U Hunters dad ?

5. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I have reservations for two nights at the Sparta Holiday Inn Express. All confirmed.

I have stayed at several different Holiday Inn Express motels and all are very nice.

Allen

6. PhantomTrapp

PhantomTrapp TS Member

Try the Drury Inn, they have several locations near there: Collinsville, Fairview Heights, Marion, Mt. Vernon, and O'Fallon.
    Hope this helps and good luck!
    -Phantom

7. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Several options, first realize this area is all small towns for 50 miles. Second when at Vandalia you might have to travel 25 miles to a motel and have an hour drive due to rush hour traffic. Now, DO NOT STAY IN OR NEAR EAST ST. LOUIS. Crime surpasses Chicago!
    Check with the Sparta Chamber of Commerece, only 2 nice Motels in Sparta,Holiday express & Budget I think, the rest are fairly run down. There is an RV dealer who rents campers and there will be spaces available. IDNR would be the contact for space rental and may have the RV dealer's name.

Belleville is about 30 minutes west of Sparta, I have noticed a lot of vacancy signs at several motels in Belleville during the Grand. Ina Il. is 40 miles east, Rend Lake has a very nice facility right on the lake, 45 minutes and there is a gun club that shoots daily on the grounds.

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Also, Best Western up in Nashville, Ill is about a 30-35 min commute...

Super-8 in Pinckneyville, Ill to the west also close.

9. PhantomTrapp

PhantomTrapp TS Member

By the way, Drury Inns are very nice, and if he likes to swim, they've got great pools.
    -Phantom

10. Darryl101

Darryl101 TS Member

Last year we stayed in Caseyville and the price was sure right....somewheres around $65. Email me for the tele #'s if you are interested.

Thanks,

Darryl

11. olabell

olabell TS Member

Kriver motel is a good clean place to stay, and he tries to help you in every way, this will be the third year Burlie has stayed there, Mike saw how I had to come down the steps backward last year, so we will be on the bottom floor this year,
    Olabell

12. Pam1974

Pam1974 TS Member

My husband's shooting pal and wife stayed at Moody Manner at a fall shoot. She said it was lovely and very comfortable. I would love to stay, but the camper calls!

13. Pam1974

Pam1974 TS Member

My husband's shooting pal and wife stayed at Moody Manner at a fall shoot. She said it was lovely and very comfortable. I would love to stay, but the camper calls!

14. Pam1974

Pam1974 TS Member

15. Pam1974

Pam1974 TS Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.