1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SPARTA Weather

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blade819, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

It couldn't be more perfect here at the WSRC. Mid 80's to low 90's with about 50% humidity and a little breeze. The 10 day forecast predicts the same. The only bad thing goin on is the absolutely burned out corn fields and undergrown soy beans. Take your 401k and invest in corn futures. Fall and winter will be tuff on everyone because of the drought. Bless the Farmers!

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

You ain't lyin blade. We have a little over 3000 acres of burned up crops. Of course you will have the few so-called farming experts on here that will tell us how rich we are getting off all our subsidies and crop insurance.

On a good note, the weather wasnt bad at all today. It was a little warm and humid but nothing like we have had this summer.

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Farmers are the gutsist business people in the US, betting on things you can't control. God bless. Next year will be better.

Phil Berkowitz

4. blade819

The Congress let the Farm Bill expire I believe. Once agin, God Bless the Farmers. Some of the hardest working peolple in this Great Country!

blade819

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Aug. 6 (Bloomberg) -- The U.S. House and Senate, facing a backlog of unfinished business, are set to be in session together for 13 days before the Nov. 6 election. Even so, members plan to do what they have done all year on the biggest tax and spending decisions: Nothing.

By Oct. 1, Congress needs to pass a stopgap federal spending bill, renew farm programs and help the U.S. Postal Service pay for retiree health care. Lawmakers left Washington for a five-week recess without providing drought aid to ranchers or acting to protect computers against cyberattacks.

6. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

hmmmm... all this time I thought there was some decree sent down that when the ATA moved the Grand to Sparta that temperature during the Grand could not go below 95 degrees with 95% relative humidity.... the ATA must have missed that memo...

7. blade819

A lot cooler than it was in Indiana a few weeks ago! :eek:)

blade819

8. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Man, if you thought this year was hot in Fortville....

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

7-DAY FORECAST

? This Afternoon Sunny and hot, with a high near 98. Calm wind.

? Tonight Mostly clear, with a low around 66. Light and variable wind.

? Wednesday Mostly sunny and hot, with a high near 97. Calm wind becoming northwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

? Wednesday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.

? Thursday A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 94. Calm wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.

? Thursday Night A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 67.

? Friday Mostly sunny, with a high near 81.

? Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 61.

? Saturday Sunny, with a high near 83.

? Saturday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 63.

? Sunday Mostly sunny, with a high near 84.

? Sunday Night Partly cloudy, with a low around 65.

? Monday Mostly sunny, with a high near 87.

Damn near chilly!

Guy B.

10. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I was at Indiana it was warm Kentucky the week before that was HOT.

11. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Beretta 686, I was there and I know what you are talking about. I am bringing my Frogg Togg with me to the Grand!!!!!!
    Don

12. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Lows in low 60s?!?!?!?! gonna need a wind breaker for the golf cart ride from the shootoffs back to the camper...

13. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Just got to Sparta
    I think Iam gonna break out the thermals. Can't remember the last time it was this cool in ks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.