1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

@@@ SPARTA WALMART SHOTGUN SHELLS @@@

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dontrys, Jul 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

I JUST SPOKE TO THE SPORTING GOODS DEPT. MGR.(GARY) RE: AVAILABILITY OF SHELLS, SELECTION, PRICES, ETC.

Following is much info, as up-to date and accurate as I could relay it, as of this writing.

Presently, there are several trailer loads at the store site, with 2 rolling about 60 or so minutes away... and there will be more! If my memory serves me I beleive I heard him say there would be 9-10 semi loads. I was told that the REMINGTION "GOLDS" order was shorted considerably by REMINGTON and the strong possibility exists that it will probably not improve significantly. There are some on hand, at this writing, but not many!

There is expected to be more than ample quantities of "STS" ... & ..."GUN CLUB." (Rem.) on hand.

Double AA shells will be very plentifull and available as will Super Target... (Win.)

Federals, ah... Federals. At this time the Federal "Papers", etc., Estates,... are an unknown!

REBATES: A $2.00 per box...($20)...per flat, is available through out the entire shoot.... ONLY, repeat..ONLY...for the AA, STS, NITRO GOLD...up to a maximum of five (5) flats. He further informed me that the rebates for the Winchester AA can be made at the WSRC on grounds "Shell House"...but only for the AAs, even though they are not purchased there. BE SURE TO BRING YOUR RECEIPTS!!

The rebates for the others will require that YOU do it by mail, etc. This represents a total rebate of $100. Bringing the cost of your first five (5)flats to $50 each. For those products only.

PRICES as follows: AA, STS, Gold ........... == $70 par flat
    Gun Club, Super Target ... == $55 per flat
    Federal Paper (if avail.). == $84 " "
    Estate (???)
    OF COURSE, ALL Prices will be PLUS TAX!!

The selection of load & shot sizes is expected to be adequate for all your needs. AE: 1oz, 1 1/8oz,... 7 1/2, 8, 9, ... 2 3/4 dr, 3dr, hdcp.

I had no Info re: 20ga. My guess would be that there will be some available.

PURCHASING REQUIREMENTS: (I HOPE I UNDERSTOOD IT CORRECTLY)

Illinois Residents: ID, proof of over 18, driver license and / or FOID card.
    Bordering States: ID, driver license showing where you live, etc.
    Other State Res. ID, proof of where you're from and proof that you are there to shoot the tournament, such as Your ATA card, AVERAGE card,... and/or
    the receipt showing that you entered the event... classification, paid entry receipt, etc.

Please be certain to go in there prepared to meet these requirement requests. NO doubt it will save everyone time and aggravation to speed the process along. Further, He informed me that these ARE/WILL BE THE LOWEST PRICES AVAILABLE IN TOWN, INCLUDING THE COMPLEX!!

I hope this message is helpful and will provide y'all with enough info so that you might be able to plan, determine and obtain your needs. Keep in mind that I am only a messenger and spent a fair amount of time gathering this. I have no interest in this nor am I trying to make or expect personal gain .... other than to offer and provide mutual knowledge to fellow TrapShooters. I'll be there.

SHOOT WELL..... DON

2. 31 Pump

31 Pump TS Member

My son is in Sparta now shooting at the SCTP National Championships. He said the shell house has Nitro's and STS for $77 and if you carry your receipt down to the Remington booth they will give you $2 per box in cash on the spot.

Glenn

3. doublej

doublej Member

Found this on Gamaliel's web site.

4. Scott Thompson

Scott Thompson TS Member

According to that link Gamaliel won't be there until Thursday 8/6/09 for the Grand. Prelim events start on Wednesday 8/5/09.

5. Scott Thompson

Scott Thompson TS Member

I sent them an email to get clarification. Will post when they answer back.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I always say "If WalMart don't have it, you probably don't need it" ... They are there to serve the public everyday of the year ... Those are some good prices on shells, makes sense to support those that support the shooters and the sport like Wally World does ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Scott Thompson

Scott Thompson TS Member

Gamaliel emailed me back and confirmed 8/6 for the shell house.

8. lives4trap

lives4trap TS Member

Thanks so much for your thorough research.
    Laura

9. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

up please

10. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

to the top

11. gsspres.

gsspres. TS Member

Due to a typo the wrong information has been given out as to when Gamaliel Shooting Supply will be open for the Grand American.

The store and shell house will be open August 5 and remain open for the duration of the Grand.

Sorry for the confusion and thank you for your continued support of our business.

Geoff Pare
    President/Gamaliel Shooting Supply

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Thankyou all for your support also, a WalMart Stockholder ... Some stores open 24/7 to serve the public with all of your familys needs be them big or small ... Gas at reduced prices and additional 5% off if you have a WalMart credit card ... I'm telling you, you have to love the place ... A WalMart Stock holder ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. RLC323

RLC323 Member

You have to admit WalMart has it all, and cheap too.

They upgraded our local WalMart, built it new, made it bigger, and added groceries. Everyone around here hates it because they moved it way outside of town and they don't carry a lot of the things they had in the old one. Seems like they tried to put an "upscale" type WalMart in a lower-middle class area. They have 37 different flatscreen TV's, and no ant spray on the shelves.

Now when I go in that big, new, cavernous WalMart I think that this is what shopping would be like if the Germans had won WW2.....minus the minorities.

14. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

15. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

top again

16. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

They are selling Win, Fed & Rem four packs for $20.97 at my local WM yesterday.

Don

17. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

up it goes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.