1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta Wal Mart shell prices

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by grntitan, Jul 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

For those of you asking about Sparta Wal Mart's shell prices for the Grand they are as follows:

Remington STS~~~ $70/flat

Remington Gun Clubs~~~ $64.70/flat

Winchester AA~~~ $70/flat

Federal Gold Metal Plastic~~~ $70/flat

Federal Papers~~~ $80/flat

There were other shells but i figured i touched on the majority. They have literally pallet upon pallet of shells in most all shot sizes and speeds..................................................... As 'WPT' says, if Wal Mart don't have it, you probably don't need it. :)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I wish our local Wal Mart had that selection, and price!

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

OMG Ammo Heaven! I could only wish to get the same by me. I am lucky if a store has two cases. And forget about he nice stuff...the AA's and STS's are like $120 as case.

4. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Matt, is that your youngun standing in the cart?

Thanks for important info! Hard to believe that Fed. Papers @ $8/box is a good deal...oh well! I remember when they were $40/case (20 boxes/case).

milt

5. grntitan

Milt--That is my youngest and the "head of the household". He dictates what goes on as well as when everyone sleeps and eats if you know what i mean. :)

Matt

6. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Yep, BTDT. Had 3...1 left.

If I make the Grand...want to hook up w/u.

milt

7. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Matt,

Does Big Gaz still run the shell counter, hell of a nice guy and nothing was ever a problem.

We get into Sparta on the 2nd, will take a couple of day's to settle in (26 odd hours of travel), I have your cell number in my phone and will contact you as and when.

Regards,... Release Trigger...Downunder.

Cannot wait for the warmer weather (we are in our winter down here), bring on the heat.

8. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

At our Walmart they have all the shells locked up in a glass case and they have to call that pimply faced 18 year old Asst Manager with the key to get them for you.

The Sparta Walmart at the Grand is the only time I ever buy anything at one.

Those are pretty attractive prices on REM, WIN and especially the Federal papers.

9. grntitan

Release Trigger--we can definately supply the warm weather right now. In fact you'll be hard pressed to find many US States not in the middle of a wicked heat wave.

As far as the shell counter, if you are talking Wal Marts shell counter, yes Big Gary is still the man. He won't be back until August 2nd though as he had to have heart surgery. That return date is as long as everything continues to go well with his recovery. He is a heck of a nice guy and will do whatever he can to make stuff work for the customer. I haven't heard too many complain about him.

Definately give me a call. I don't shoot doubles yet so during events thats a good time to reach me or after the shooting is done i'll probably be guarding the beer tent.

Matt

10. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if those prices will be beaten at the shell house on site, plus you can walk over your receipt and application to rem. or winchester and they will cut you a rebate check (at least they did that in 2008 when I was there last).

blade819

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Try handing you your $20 per flat.

Don

12. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

For those of you who are interested, I received the following from Gamaliel today via email.

The Shell House will be operated
    once again by Gamaliel Shooting Supply
    during the Grand American Trap Shoot!
    Check out our great prices, promotions and more!

2011 Shell House Ammo Pricing - 12 & 20 Ga

Remington STS & Nitro 27: $76.00/case
    Winchester AA: $76.00/ case
    Federal Gold Medal Plastic: $76.00/case
    Federal Gold Medal Paper: $83.00/case

Remington Gun Club: $57.00/case
    Winchester Super Target: $57.00/case
    Estate: $54.00/case
    RIO: $54.00/case

New: Federal Pink Top Gun Light 8's
    Limited Supply Available!
    Only $54.00

Grand Ammo Rebates are Back!
    Receive $20 per flat in cash-back rebates on Winchester AA, Remington STS or Nitro 27, and Federal Gold Medal Ammo!

Exclusive Gamaliel Shell House Promotions:

Remington rebates will be paying out on the grounds for shell house purchases, with no bar-codes or box collecting required! Just purchase up to 5 cases of STS/Nitro Ammo from the Shell House to receive your rebate in cash!

Winchester rebates will also be paying out on the grounds, just bring your Shell House provided barcodes to the Winchester building! No cutting required!

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If the shell manufactors run a promo they should give you the rebate on any new shells if you provide them with a receipt ... I can't imagine it would be only on shells bought on site ... I would ask and go from there ... WPT ... (YAC) ... Thanks for your support, clean up on isle 9 ...

14. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

In the past ammo manufacturers rebated ammo bought on grounds from Gamaliel's only.
    If I am incorrect, I am sure it will be corrected.
    The boys at Gamaliel's have been very hospitable.

Joe Woods/Ontario

15. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Thanks zzt.

blade819

16. grntitan

Joe--They gave rebates for Wal Mart purchased shells last year as long as you followed standard procedure(i.e had your receipt and proofs). I have no idea if they will this year.

17. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

This quanity and assortment is just during the grand time,right? Clyde

18. grntitan

Clyde--Assortment is there year around. They have several full length shelves dedicated to shells. At any one time you can easily buy 10-20 flats right off the shelves depending on what is stocked. No they do not have pallets of shells sitting around everywhere year around. They do have pallets full in back and by simply asking they will bring out any quanity you want that they have in stock.

19. Terry_Maiden

Terry_Maiden TS Member

Wouldn't you need a FOID card to buy ammo off the Gun Club grounds? I thought the exemption for ammo sales to out-of-state shooters only applied to sales at the club and only for an amount of ammo sufficient to shoot the program and it had to be used for shooting the program?

My local Walmarts NEVER have ammo selection like is shown above. You are lucky to find a couple of Winchester Universal "bricks" (the least desirable choice). Everything else sells out as soon as it comes in and the clerks don't really give a d*mn that you can't get what you want. Ammo is heavy and they are really not interested in doing the work in restocking the shelves.

Terry M.

20. grntitan

"Wouldn't you need a FOID card to buy ammo off the Gun Club grounds?"

No. Out of State buyers need only show their ATA card and i believe their drivers license.

.........................................................................................

"I thought the exemption for ammo sales to out-of-state shooters only applied to sales at the club and only for an amount of ammo sufficient to shoot the program and it had to be used for shooting the program?"

Absoulutely un-true. You can buy as much as you can afford. Bring a trailer and fill it if you have the funds and take them home with you. I know some guys that buy as much as they have room for to take home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

winchester universal walmart