1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta Today.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by scott calhoun, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

John -

I stayed in Nashville for the past two US Opens. I'm guessing you are probably staying at the Best Western, but if not . . . you want to take Hiway 15 out of Nashville to the west (Hiway 15 is the main drag east/west thru the middle of town). Take that west to 153. You'll go south on 153 (at that intersection you can only go south). Pretty sure the green hiway sign says either to Lively Grove or Coulterville. Take 153 all the way to Coulterville and turn right (west) on Hiway 13 when you hit the end of 153. That will take you to Tilden. Go thru Tilden and Hiway 13 will "T" at Hiway 4, turn left (south) and the WSRC entrance is only about a mile down the road.

It's about a 40 minute ride from Nashville. If you need any supplies as you head out (like ice for the cooler or drinks) there is a full-size grocery store on the west side of Nashville right on Hiway 15.

For good bar food try Beretta's in downtown Nashville, it's on the north side of Hiway 15 (Main Street) just west of Hiway 127 (the main north/south road thru Nashville).

Scott

2. Donm

Donm Active Member

Does anyone know if the archery course is open yet? And will it be open for the Grand?

3. scott calhoun

John -

I'll be there Tuesday afternoon of prelim week thru Sunday (last day of prelim). If you drive down the line one day and look north, I'm sure you'll see me, but you probably won't know it!

I do have my name on my leather bag, so if you happen to see me please say hello. I'll also have my blue/white Kolar hat and might have a Naperville Sportsman's Club shirt on.

Scott

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Scott; You forgot the red car.

Don

5. smartass

smartass TS Member

Only an ass would equate a great American like Sam Walton with a communist dictator.

6. scott calhoun

Don -

No red car at the Grand. I'm being chauferred in an almost new Toyota Tacoma.

I would like to show off my new license plate though - DEAD TGT

Scott

7. PRO3

PRO3 TS Member

Has anyone ever stayed at the sparta motel? They have rooms available and I have reservations there and would like to know if it is a decent place to stay.

8. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

hard rock:

No it looks bad or it did last year just think about it looking like the Bates motel on the movie.

I stayed at the budget motel once and others said it was a dump but I had a decent room and was around 35.00 a night.

I didn't go real close to the sparta motel just seen it from the road and I thought it looked pretty bad but maybe some locals can update us on it.

Foghorn

9. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Mr Charles are you there now? If not when are you going to get there? I am having beans and weenies for the kids on sunday night, I will try to be there sunday early pm setting up the campsite. Care to come over? I am bringing 6 to shoot in the program this year. And hopefully a young lady and her parents will stop over that night, I met them at the Tn state shoot. Let me know, Rick Gibbs

10. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

Earlier this year Mr Charles (and others) were a big help to me when working with some of our SCTP youths. He suggested some ideas that really worked to slow down some erratic shooters.

A couple of the kids will be shooting on Monday and Tuesday...I would like for him to see them now (after his excellent siggestions)

I hope to visit with you Mr. Charles....look for the black Dodge dually with an umbrella in the receiver hitch on the east end.

Go Sportsman Gun and Reel SCTP team !

Bob

11. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

Donm,

About two months ago I was at Sparta. At that time there was a college archery shoot at the complex. At that time they were shooting archery on the east trapline.

12. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

Last year I noticed a small but busy restaurant south of tracks on left. in Marissa,Il.
    Is this good for breakfast.

joe Woods/Ontario

13. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

There was a place west of the grounds just north of Baldwin, never got to eat there but it always had lots of cars there.

14. JJM

JJM Member

The restaurant that is just north of the RR tracks in Marissa has a great a breakfast.

15. bas

bas Member

If you are staying the Waterloo IL area...there is a great restaurant...Gallagher's. Don't think they are open for breakfast...lunch and dinner...dinner for sure!

16. browning_rules

browning_rules TS Member

DO NOT STAY AT THE SPARTA MOTEL!!!

17. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Mr. Charles: We're here at the shooting complex and we were told the practice traps won't open until 12 Noon tomorrow Saturday, 8/4. Is that incorrect, will they open at 10am? Thanks for the info.

18. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Obviously you are picking up a wireless signal if you are at the Grand location. Is this correct? Does anyone know if wireless is available in the camping areas or is it available at the main bldg? glenn

19. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

I am at Okawville,Il. Bed & Breakfast
    Thankyou boys. See you there.

Joe Woods/Ontario

20. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Thanks for the update. My guess is that it will be 12 noon today. I hope to meet you. I'll be looking for your T-shirt.

Glenn: I have a Verizon wireless card. While it works, it is sloooowwwww! You can't pick up the wireless signal from the Event Center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.