1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta on/in the news

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by us820, May 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. us820

us820 Active Member

I just saw a news story preview airing in the Chicago area whining about the Sparta range "losing the state's money with every single shot fired" yesterday.The segment will air Monday night.

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

How do they lose money with every shot? Wouldn't they make money with every shot? Besides, screw those whining crooked bastards in Chicago.

4. us820

us820 Active Member

I didn't catch the channel.I perked up when I saw a shotgun and I caught the end of it.I'll post the channel after I see it again.I'm pretty sure it was 32 or 7 in Chicago.Monday evening.

5. crusha

crusha TS Member

Could it be that the taxpayers of Illinois are still paying for our playground?

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Doesn't surprise me. The big city, state funded leeches see the money...and want it.

7. thunder

thunder Active Member

Chicago, one of the most corrupt city government in our country. They see green they want it. One day the people will wake up to these politicians. To name a few, their current major the fish man. formerly from Chicago President Obama, Jesse Jackson and others.

8. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Coming to a Chicago near you?
    [​IMG]

Bob Falfa

9. Tim Earney

Tim Earney Member

The facilities at Sparta were built with millions of Illinois taxpayer dollars including horrendous cost overruns by Governor Rod Bagoyovich who is currently in a Federal prison where all Chicago politicians should be. He did it to buy votes and win an election. Considering the costs and the debt, and the fact that it is run by politicians, it will be impossible for the facility to ever operate in the black.

10. us820

us820 Active Member

Some of the guys at the club saw it too.Will air on WFLD Chicago 32 news at 9 Monday night.

11. GW22

GW22 Active Member

It's because of all the unexpected money they had to start spending on weed killer.

[​IMG]

Oh that was just plain WRONG. Even I'm a little embarrased. LOL.

-Gary

12. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Tim Earney. Blago had nearly nothing to do with the building of the WSRC. It was finished on his watch but Ryan is the governor who approved the WSRC. Peabody Energy "gifted" the grounds. The city of Sparta provided the utilities. The state did the rest with the support of some of the politicians of Southern Illinois.

13. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

All the money in the state of Illinois is supposed to go to Chicago, they have needs for all their under served population

They need drugs, booze, whorehouses, and not to forget high dollar rims and tires for their N diesels

14. fast gun

fast gun Active Member

What would they whine about if they moved the complex to a more shooter friendly state.

15. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

No doubt some the moneycame/comes from sportsmans excise tax.

16. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

US820: What tv network will it be televised on. I don't live near Chicago nor do I get that station.

17. us820

us820 Active Member

32 WFLD is our local Fox network news.

18. tanda1

tanda1 Active Member

The WSRC is a state owned recreational facility, similar to a state park.
    How many state parks in any state generate a positive income stream?

19. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

The WSRC should have been in Indiana near Shelbyville to begin with. How we came to land in the (then) most gun unfriendly state is beyond me. Now NY is the most gun unfriendly state. Kiss the NE Grand goodbye fellas. It'll be outlawed shortly by your idiotic shrill govenor.

Just how much taxpayer money went to support Vandalia? (probably none)

The $14 million dollars that went into the local economy during the Grand in Vandalia was a major win for the local businesses. The state did pretty well with the tax collected also.

Trouble is that Chicago is nothing more than a big money tit for their area politicians and their criminal buddies.

20. white rattler

white rattler Member

daddiooo, Sparta was the only game in town at the time. It is a world class place and no one say it is not. Where was Indiana when it was needed? Trevor Dawe

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.