1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta Motel Update

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by EDGARMCM, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EDGARMCM

EDGARMCM TS Member

I was in Sparta last week for the burial of my wife in the cemetery near the south side of the shooting complex. I stayed in the Holiday Express while there. In talking to the lady who looks after the breakfast bar she told me that the owner of the Holiday Inn had bought what used to be the Best Western. The Best Western was the motel at the north end of town just south of the Pizza Hut. She told me that after fumigating the old Best Western they are now remodeling it and may possibly add rooms. It seems Mr. Patel skipped out and left the bank holding the bag. The bank sold it to the owner of the Holiday Inn. If you have reservations there for the next Grand it should be much better than in the past. I never stayed there so don't know what it was like before.

2. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Ever notice hotels are always owned by a "Patel"?

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Sorry to hear about your wife ... Condolances to you, your family and friends ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. Easy Does It

Easy Does It TS Member

Are they taking reservations for the Best Western? If so do you happen to have a phone number?

Thanks
    Rick DeMerle

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

6. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Dove Commander- Patel is the USA equivalent of "Smith" or "Jones" etc. Anotherwords a very common last name. At least that was the way it was explained to me.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

7. FLIP

FLIP Member

DO NOT STAY AT THE SPARTA INN!!!!!! you have been warned

8. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Sympathies Edgar. Dave P

9. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Edgar,

Our deepest and most sincere condolances to you and family,

Jimette and milt Palasota

And thanks for the important info and thinking of others at such a tough time for you...

10. Victor Brincat

Victor Brincat TS Member

Patel is the same Indian that runs the Super 8 in Litchfield, Illinois.
    That place is also full of bedbugs. Vic

11. Lead Man

Lead Man TS Member

The Patel surname is most commonly of Indian (Gujarati) origin. The Hindu surname translates originally as "headman" or "village chief." It can also mean "farmer" from the Gujarati word pat or patlikh, for the owner/tenant of a piece of land. Patel is one of the most common surnames in India, and is also a very popular surname in Great Britain, the United States and Canada. The surname Patel has also been modified to "Patil," found more commonly in the Portuguese regions of India.

12. bobdog

bobdog Active Member

That Super 8 in Litchfield is nasty. Never again.

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Many years ago when trapshooting first was growing roots the shooters would pitch tents and sleep on the ground and in their cars just so they could attend the Grand American ... Now, they want clean motel rooms and confortable accomidations unlike those before them who were only interested in being there ... What is this world coming to and what happened to all of those who ran around hollering those phrases when the WSC was being built and they knew there were no accomidations in the immediate area ..? Built it and they will come was not uncommon to hear but now its with reservation ... Build it and they won't come is what its turning out to be because of the accomidations and lack of them ... Seems like I heard that before also ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Champagne tastes, beer pocketbook . . . and not enough sense to recognize either.

15. FLIP

FLIP Member

I did sleep in the truck after i saw sparta inn!!!!

16. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

WPT, go bowling.

17. trench12

trench12 TS Member

When things were just getting started in Sparta, all the business owner got together and created a "no gouge" policy. What ever happened to that? They had decals on the doors of business's and seemed to be very proud of the committment to shooters. Does the absense of the "no gouge" policy mean the the "gouge" policy is in effect?????

18. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Trench -

I believe the "no gouge" agreement was created by the Chamber of Commerce. Signing on was purely voluntary, as the CC or any other group has no authority to tell businesses what they can charge for their goods and services.

Scott

19. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

JBrooks,

I do it all, just making a valid point like it or not ... My opinon is as valid as the opinion that you sometimes make or not ... I was in Sparta before they built the WSC and that was enough for me ... Have you even been there and where did you put your tent ..? lol ... "SFB" ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

20. dezcon

dezcon Member

Flip is a sissy and so is Chris who has zitts, not insect bites!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.