1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta Motel is bottom notch.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Singleshot, Aug 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

I'm glad the Holiday Inn was top-notch. I wish I would have stayed there. Unfortunately, I stayed at the Sparta Motel. That will never happen again.

2. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Be sure to let them know..that you are letting everybody else know...maybe some improvement will come of it

3. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Its country and they do not see the world like the rest of us do which is one of the attractions to the area as I recall being told when the WSC was being built ... Time for a reality check huh ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

4. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

one of the worst hotels I ever stayed at, they are nice and friendly, but I would rather sleep in my car.

5. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

I stayed there during the 2006 U.S. Open. NEVER AGAIN...The only two things that would help that dump would be a FLAMETHROWER & a BULLDOZER...KS-OKIE.

6. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

Run by those who wear a dot on their forehead.Funny smell in room-antique loud window air conditioner-half inch crack under door(used towel to fix that)dirty and missing grout in bathroom-had to jiggle stool handle after every use-postage stamp size soap-and a mattress that was swaybacked-no dish so only about 6 tv stations.If I would have had my wife with me there`s no way in hell I`d have stayed there.On the up side it has great location.I payed $49.95 per night.He wanted $79.99 per night for 2006 Grand...I passed on that offer...KS-OKIE.

7. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

All of the above, AND the windows didn't latch in my "room", so you couldn't consider anything exactly locked.

In fairness to the owners, it's probably a 50-year old, typical road-side motel of the type that was everywhere pre-Kemmons Wilson and Holiday Inns. I doubt that it could be cost-effectively brought up to any standards of decent lodging.

The best bet is suggested above - flamethrowers and bulldozers, and use the insurance money for a down payment on a new facility.

8. CalvinMD

Sounds like if a tornado hit ..it would do a few million in improvements

9. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

I thought that they remodeled that palce after last year.

I went by there and never stopped last year but went to the budget inn which was a notch better than the Sparta Inn I remembered the last one I stayed in that was remolded it was in Mississippi and it had a new coat of paint on the interior but they painted the sink faucets tub faucets and even the tub guess they wated to cover up the water stains and rust spots.

They wore dot's on their heads also.

Foghorn

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

What still amazes me is that some people in our sport that routinely carry and use guns....make very poor decisions. Scary!

Curt

11. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The abba dabba's own a lot of the motels today, they just suck the $$$ out of them and put nothing back into them

12. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

He charged us $79/night!

Now that ticks me off.

Stinky rooms.

Bed was OK.

Definitely upwards of bottom notch.

milt

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I recall people talking about how many years ago the people who attended the Grand slept in tents, cars, and did their business behind bushes and how great it was going to be to turn back the hands of time on modernization ... This guy is obviously just trying to make people happy with his sub standard hotel and everyone is complaining about it ... I guess our forefathers were a tougher breed ... How was the pool and hot tub ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. coldtrail

coldtrail Member

I never even heard of the motel, until someone posted on this site and said it was a good place to stay

15. CalvinMD

Haven't y'all heard of the New Delhi experience...c'mon..lean back and close your eyes..imagine little dot-headed people bathing in the river as are the sacred cattle that are whizzing and crapping and drinking in the very same water...after you have finished joining them in a refreshing bath and get your beach towel back from the A-hole who tried snitching it by wrapping it around his pointy lil head(it was easy to find the guy with the Disney World/Donald Duck headwrap running through the crowd)You head back to your room while the heady aroma of curried goats eyeballs and dung beetle cous cous(cooked in some of that awesome water)starts wafting through the room, whetting your appetite to new heights...after going out back to purge then gargling with river water..you head off to bed ..your comfy straw mat is calling you..you pull back the mosquito net and finally lay down ..chamber-pot close by in case dinner wants out again...your eyes are closed and you are sliding off to beddy-bye when a tickling re-awakens you..your open your eyes to see a scorpion riding your nose like a rodeo bronc and you try blowing and swooshing him away..upset that you are ending his ride before the buzzer..he grabs a nostril and plants his stinger in your forehead, thankfully your wife finishes him with the sole of your shooting boot (the ones you wore to stroll by the river)...WOW!..can it get any more realistic!...Again, FINALLY...you slip off to sleep to the lullaby of the squeeky ,out of balance 2 bent bladed ,ceiling fans..wondering if your shooting glasses will fit over the golf ball sized knot between your eyes...Nitey Nite and remember..Breakfast at 6am sharp!

16. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Stayed there for 3 nights, AC was new and worked, had small ref and microwave in room, nice TV with about 25 channels. My bed was a king and slept very well, hot shower in the morning to. It wasn't a 4 star motel, but then I only wanted a place to sleep. There have been a whole lot of deer and outfitter camps that I've stayed in that were a lot worse and cost a lot more. I'd stay there again. It's also close to the South Side Ribs, easy walk for some good food.

17. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Calvin....

There was no breakfast!!

But great story anyway:) :) :)

18. hairy

hairy TS Member

That's pretty good Calvin.

Ok, now you're my favorite poster here.

19. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Awesome post Calvin. Are you sure you didn't cheat a little!!

20. CalvinMD

Cheating??..Me??..Ok,Just a little..the guy stealing my Donald Duck towel was a true story... ; )...oh yeah, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express Last night

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.