1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta Motel. Comments?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tuscarora 99, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

Hey guys. I was wondering how do you all like the sparta motel. I'm not gonnabe spending much time in the motel itself. Just sleep and shower. Comments?

2. colonel klink

colonel klink Active Member

There are two motels in Sparta. One is a Holiday Inn & the other has a new name but I think it used to be a Best Western. It's about two blocks away from the Holiday Inn right on the main drag in town. Colonel

3. tuscarora 99

tuscarora 99 TS Member

I'm talking about the one that is located at 700 south st louis street.

4. Littleboots

Littleboots Member

Pretty rough I drive to I-64 and stay

5. settersam

settersam Member

Stayed there two years ago, the year it was so hot. 1950's motel with no improvements since then. Would not go back.

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I stayed there three nights last year. Everything was old but worked. AC, ref, hot shower, clean bedding. It was a place to sleep, that's all I wanted. I've stayed in deer camps a whole lot worse.
    I do have rooms at the Briarwood this year, it's located around the Walmart on the north side of Sparta. If I didn't get in there I would have tried the Sparta Motel again.

7. FLIP

FLIP Member

BAD!!!!!! BAD !!! bad!! place to stay!

8. Singleshot

Singleshot Member

Stayed there last year for a couple of nights. I'm in the "never go back" camp.

9. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

Please be advised that this is an older Motel (quaint, rustic). It is NOT the Taj Mahal nor the Marriott. It is clean, safe, air conditioned, quiet, Satellite TV, comfortable, convenient and certainly about as close as you can get to the Shooting Complex...about 7 or 8 minutes.

10. dontrys

dontrys TS Member

I have personally stayed in this Motel for each of the last 4 years, for the Grand and a few times for the Open. They have always been open & responsive to the needs of the guests!

In the past it has been quite obvious that a few "Nay Sayers" have taken it upon themselves to criticize because it may not have the "curb appeal." Nor have some, if not all of these people, even stayed there!

We've always found it to be quite satisfactory...not to mention...very convenient & close.

DON

11. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I recall many shooters saying that the Grand is the One and Only Grand and they would sleep in tents like they used to do back in Vandalia way back when, if need be ... There has obviously been a change of heart and now everyone wants "Top Shelf" accomidations as opposed to sleeping in a tent and fertilizing the trees and bushes with their human waste ... I mean any thing, anyplace with a bed, shower, crapper, air conditioning, and a roof has to be better than a tent even ifs it old, run down and over priced ... My, My how times and peoples attitudes have changed, don't you just love it ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

12. FLIP

FLIP Member

our stuff still has that smell in them, the rash on my friends arm is almost gone after a year,i think a tent is better!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.