1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta lodging?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapat, Dec 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapat

trapat TS Member

I'm considering attending part of the Grand in 2009 and would like info from shooters that have stayed in hotels/motels in or around the shooting complex. Is there anything decent within a half hours drive? Please let me know. Thank You, Pat Christopher

2. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

More then likely you will have to stay at least 45 minutes from the complex. There are a couple of decent motels in Sparta, but they are probably already booked. I think last year they were charging somewhere around $130.00 a night.

3. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Pat,you don't have to spend that kind of money.

Here are a few.Mainstreet Inn,Pinckneyville,Il. about 18 mins away.

$45.00 per night.No Hilton,but clean nad Barbara owns the place.
    Plus free Ice ,just tip for her animals she supports.

PH.#800 455 7378 Fax 618 357 2128

Best Western Chester IL. nice -nice about 20 mins away.If I recall around $95.00 per night.PH#618 826 3034

Super Eight Motel--Pinckneyville,IL. about $65.00 per night.

(warning) ran by Indians-But,still half way nice.

Ph#618 357 5600

The wife and I have stayed at all of them.My pick Mainstreet Inn.
    Three blocks from there is a little hole in the wall Cafe that has food out of this world.Not fancy,but if you like meat and tators this is the place to go.

Hope this helps

Bocephas

4. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I stayed at the Motel 6 in Caseyville. Its about 50 mins from the complex, but a fairly easy drive. 2 story motel, outdoor in-ground pool, and the best part, $35/night, and I booked about 3 weeks before the grand. Room was on the small side (probably par for a motel 6, buts its the first time I stayed with that chain), but very clean, very large bathroon, and value for $ was GREAT, one of the most impressive motels i've ever stayed in regardless of $. Dairy Queen right around the corner, and I think there was a Pizza Hut nearby as well.

5. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

Colonel, I tried to book a room at the K-river motel last year. I was told unless I was shooting the whole Grand they wouldn't book a room. Is this still true? Looked like a nice motel. Hoosier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.