1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta Layout

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by j2jake, Jun 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

On the East trap line there are several banks where the back ground comes above the trap house. Does anyone know the number of these fields? Thanks, Jake

2. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Better explain some more.

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Barry. He is correct. At the eastern third the ground and trees come into play. the center section is best (as I recall)

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

He didn't say anything about trees. All the traps have a background above them - some sky, some bushes, some trees, some farm houses, some for sale fire engines and some with cars and trucks moving to and fro.

5. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Thanks MIA, you know what I make reference to, I guess I prefere the traps that have trees as back ground, don't like the houses and passing cars. Shot on them 2 years ago but can' remember the numbers. If someone knows those numbers I would like to pre squad on them. Jake

6. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

The road(county rd 18) goes the whole length of the Complex. Where are you gonna squad to get away from those cars?----Matt

7. Don S

Don S Member

There are several banks that have a berm in front of them that conceal road, traffic and houses. Does anyone know which banks those are?

8. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I've shot from one end of the WSRC grounds to the other. Some banks have better backgrounds than others but bank one has one of the more interesting.

Prior to construction of the WSRC grounds, there was a county road running south from county highway 18 where bank one is now located. What's left of that now abandoned road is pretty much a dead straight away from trap 1-1 or
    1-2. There is a gate at CH18 to prevent anyone from accidently straying on to the road but nothing is idiot proof...

During preliminary week two years ago, some f'ing moron in a white Cadillac drove around the gate and straight up the road while my squad was shooting. Apparently, a locked gate and five people throwing lead in his/her direction wasn't an adequate deterrent.

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.