1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta Holiday Inn Rooms?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by karbyen, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karbyen

karbyen TS Member

Just wondering---who rented all the rooms in the new Sparta Holiday Inn? They were gone in a flash. Didn't know if one group rented them all at the same time or if they were rented one by one. Anyone know for sure? Anyway, our group is not returning to Sparta untill there are more rooms available. Last years 80 min. drive in traffic each way every day was just too much trouble for what is suppose to be a week of fun and relaxation.

2. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Probably the group that had the whole Sparta BW last year, they move up in accomodations.

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You haven't looked to hard. There have been rooms and places available on here and in T&F. Waiting to the last minute doesn't help either.

Don

4. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Don....that makes entirely too much sense....

Curt

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

No need to drive 80 minutes - unless you drive real slow.

I'd be curious to know where you found traffic? I've been to the Grand and both US Opens and never found any traffic and I stayed in two different places coming from two different directions.

6. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

I stayed in O'Fallon, Il last year and it was 50 to 60 minute drive each way, longer in the evening. I've rented a trailer this year and an electric only space on the grounds this year. I'm posting from trailer now. It's great to be on the grounds, no driving every morning and evening. The cost for the trailer is only a few bucks more than my hotel room was last year. Renting a trailer is a great option.

7. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

How could there be an 80 minute drive? Must be staying in West St. Louis.
    I could have stayed in Columbus Ohio and complained about the drive to Vandailia a few years ago but everyone would have thought me a little touched. If you don't plan ahead or look around you will always be driving a long way. I have a buddy that just got 5 rooms 40 minutes away and he got them just a few days ago. Most of us have been shooting for a year to go to Sparta and planned ahead. Sure going to miss you. Out the door I go...see there rest of you there.
    CA

8. Steve Ebsenn

Steve Ebsenn TS Member

Called Holiday Inn Express Sparta last night and they had a ton of rooms. I made reservations from the 10th on........

We'll give you a discount if you say SKB's rule.

9. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

From my hotel in O'Fallon to the middle of Sparta is 43.7 miles, so it's probably only about 41 to the actual shooting complex. Considering it's all highway or interstate with speed limits of 55 or 65, and just a few slowdowns to 35 for a couple of towns it shouldn't take more than 45 minutes. I did the same drive last year and never had any traffic coming or going.

To compare to Vandalia, I had about a 15 minute ride to the homegrounds - of course I had to be there by 6:30 if I wanted to part anywhere near my bank then I got to sit for four or five hours until it was my turn to shoot. I'll take the 45 minute drive, thank you!

Scott

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Goathead220, glad to hear it... told me they've been booked all year....

11. rrose

rrose TS Member

Saturday at 830 am. I just booked a room at Holiday Inn Sparta for $129 per night.
    They have roome but you do pay a bit more for them.

12. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

Hey Zard! I always wanted to meet you! Maybe this will be the week. The trailer rental place is Scenic Route RV Rental. (618) 993-8847 Marion, Illinois. Jeff is the owner. I hope this is helpful. Jim Pappas

13. claycruncher

claycruncher TS Member

BTW, I stayed at the Holiday Inn last Thursday night since my trailer wasn't going to be available until Friday. I must say the place is very nice. My rate for a room with 2 queen beds was $85.00. I asked what the rate was during the Grand. Starting Sunday (tomorrow)the same room will cost $130.00 per night.

14. bas

bas Member

ZARD...did you friend say for sure he wouldn't be going? That means my left flank will be exposed.....

15. bas

bas Member

Hairy..you know what I meant! And, no one would be much interested in my flanks - at least, not anymore LOL!!!! Will you be at the GRand...if so, I very much look forward to seeing you!

16. bas

bas Member

Glad you will be there...don't know where I will find you...but hope to run into you...B

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.