1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta Heat weather NICE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smsnyder, Jul 16, 2013.

1. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

that place is hot. Heat index 100 to 114. 80% huminity

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Hmmm let me see, what place hasn't been, or won't be this summer...

3. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I live in northern Mich and we have the same forecast. So what !

4. 20yard

20yard TS Member

Here at Sparta, kids shoot trap Friday afternoon, forecast 98 and humid, low 90s now following rain we had Sunday night. Our black dog is in favor of moving shoots to fall.

5. KS-OKIE

KS-OKIE TS Supporters TS Supporters

I have found the heat index and actual temps to be about the same at Sparta as my home club and home driveway...KS-OKIE

6. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Nothing that AC, iced lemonade with absolut citron in it won't cure. While we're on this subject, how's the weed controll this year?

Perhaps the Illinois DNR should hire docbombay for its weed controll. He did a hell of job at the Buckeye Classic in Ohio last year. :)

7. JT 27

JT 27 Member

I shot at Vandalia when you would not get a target when you called because the trap girl had passed out from the heat. Same weather every year in Sparta. The grounds at Sparta are so superior to what we had in Vandalia, it's not funny, how many hours would the electric be out due to the campers all running AC? You could barely drive thru the A campground due to being packed. Low water pressure. OK, it is not in Ohio, I miss the nostalgia and seeing all the people I knew due to the layout of the grounds. Illinois is not gun unfriendly, Chicago and it's liberal politico is.

8. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Its hot all over, global warming if you ask Al Gore ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

9. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Well I'm in Marquette, Mi. right on the shore or lake Superior and it was 87 this morning at 7:45 when I got in my car. :) I do believe the lowern 48 are in a heat wave!

10. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Only supposed to be 101 here today with about 19% humidity, not bad at all for this time of year.

Only got to go to Vandalia one time, hottest day was about 87 with 80+% humidity, don't know how you guys stand it, most miserable day I have ever had weather wise.

Still wish I could be in Sparta for the GRAND.

11. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

1 week ago, it was 84 degrees for a high with 89% humidity. Just sayin'

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I say we move the Grand to Vegas, Phoenix, New Mexico, or San Antonio.

Out of that Sparta heat...

13. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

We play any sport to have fun, I don't care if it's Ohio or Sparta standing on a line with concrete under foot in 100 plus degree weather with 80 percent humidity is just plane nuts. How can you shoot your best with water running into your eyes a gun so hot you can't hold it and fogged up glasses not to mention the violent weather we have had their a few times. Can someone tell me why we have this event in the hottest time of the year?

Kids out of school, vacation time, trap help I'v heard all that before but none of it is a good reason.

14. RWT

RWT Well-Known Member

Zardo,

I know, just lost another friend last week 55 years young. Service today at the KGC.

15. GrandpasArms

GrandpasArms Active Member

I understand that it seems irrational, but talking to yourself can actually adjust how you feel - and how the weather affects you. Just as a mantra, "See the bird - Break the bird" helps attune the subconscious to breaking targets, repeating a positive thought about the weather WILL impact how you react to it. It also impacts how you react to everything and anything. Our minds - primarily the subconscious - can control attitude, mood, and even dying (having been in health business for over 4 decades I can attest that some people are able to postpone dying until a certain event occurs - a wedding, for example).

If I tell myself that Sparta is too hot and that I hate it there, I will be unhappy about it. If I reinforce the positive parts, I will enjoy visiting there, regardless of the heat, humidity, wind, rain, or tornadoes. All of the stuff "out there" is under the control of what's inside us and we have control over that.

In a weather forecast yesterday I heard the announcer report that it is "unseasonably hot". If that is true, when would it be seasonable to be 90 degrees?

I'll be in Sparta for a few days - mostly watching - starting August 8. I plan to have correct clothing and I'll walk more slowly, taking frequent breaks to sit and watch. There will be cold V8 and healthy snacks in my insulated bag. I won't apply any sunscreens, but I'll stay out of the sun and wear protective clothing. I will thoroughly enjoy all of it because I say so. Anyone can do the same. Just talk to yourself about the good things. They happen - just like the S**T that happens when you expect it.

BTW, the "See the Bird - Break the Bird" mantra works.

Larry Frieders |

Grandpa's Arms, Inc. |

340 Marshall Ave #100 | Aurora, IL 60506 |
    Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm |
    Office: 630.859.0333 Cell: 630.992.7513 FAX: 630.859.0114

16. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Upper 90's here in VA with azz kikin humidity!!! Jeff

17. Tracy Boy

Tracy Boy TS Member

Earl, you wouldn't have started this thread to stir up a little trouble would you....or do you just want the attention?

Don

18. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

It's not to bad with covered firing points. HMB

19. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Tracy boy just stirring a little. LOL Probably see you at the Grand

20. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Here in the Ft. Lauderdale area of S. Florida it's 72.5f outside now. Of course it's raining like Niagra Falls also.

Eric