1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Sparta Camp Site Wanted

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Clay Addict, Jul 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Does anyone have or know of a camp site with electricity that will not be used during the Grand?

2. Arkie

Arkie Member

If you call IDNR. at the World Shooting& Recreational Complex the number is 618-295-2700 they will send you a form to fill out. Elec. only are 18.00 per day or 175.00 for the compete shoot. Ask for Tracy Shafer.

3. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Thanks for your interest and advice Arkie. I have visited with Tracy several times concerning the camping at Sparta. She has impressed me as a prompt and caring person. She has informed me that the tent camping area has some sites designated for trailers and I could get into there. However there is an electricity issue. The tent camping area is without electricity and Tracy informed me that I could run a generator. I have no desire to keep a generator running 24/7 for two weeks and I think it would be a little rude to other campers to do so. I would hope that after another year of not having ample sites the IDNR realizes the need for more sites. I would be interested in the cost vs. benefit of increasing the camping area. More shooters would appear to mean more revenue for the facility and local area. I do understand that the campground is only at capacity for a couple of weeks, but how much money is pumped into the region in that time?

So, I am still looking for a site, with at least electricity, for the Grand.
    Thanks again.

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

You might try K-River in Baldwin, just west of the complex. Mike told me he was putting in a campground for trailers behind the motel, don't know if he did it though.....

5. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Thanks 320090T! I will give him a call.

6. Hett

Hett TS Member

Clay Addict, if you are still looking for a spot, give me a call.
    605-999-7355. Mike Hettinger

7. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Mike,
    Thanks for trying! Sorry you already had it spoken for by the time I called.
    Hope to see you next year.

Still looking for a camp site with electricity for the Grand.

8. Clay Addict

Clay Addict Member

Thanks to all for your help! I have a site now!
    I know a farmer that might rent a space or two by a barn (electricity and water, no shade 3 miles away), a motel that might have a camper site (30 amp only, some shade, 7 miles away), a couple of people looking to buy some ground and make their own campground for shooters, and a partridge in a pear tree.
    See ya in a few weeks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.