1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SPARTA BANK TO SQUAD SPREADSHEET

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by gdbabin, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I've come up with a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that distributes squads across the 27 banks at Sparta as I remember it from last year.

I'm willing to attach it to an Email to anyone who'd be interested. I'd post it here, but so far haven't figured out how (Photobucket doesn't like .xls files).

Any commentary on its usefulness and accuracy would be appreciated, as well as tips for posting a .xls file here.

Guy Babin

2. J. Fox

J. Fox TS Member

Guy,

I was at the WV State Shoot last weekend and a shooter from Ohio said the Grand was going to use only 24 banks this year instead of 27. He wasn't sure why but said it came from the Vandalia office. He also said he thought 4 practice fields would be on the east-end where bank 4 was last year. So for what it is worth that is the rumor. jake513

3. Ljutic Guy

Ljutic Guy Member

The 2007 program states on page 13 27 banks of 4.

4. J. Fox

J. Fox TS Member

ljutic guy

I also read the same thing in the Grand program. I just made a call to a vendor in IL who always seems to know what is going on at Sparta. It appears trap help is hard to find this year. 24 banks is all the help they have confirmed to work. If they get enough help he said they will use all banks. I might apply for a job. jake513

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

You'll need 27 (or maybe only 24) versions. I believe they are drawing for starting banks this year so squad 1 won't start on bank 1 unless the draw comes out that way.

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Scott, or anyone else, who would I contact to find out for sure? If I remember corectly, last year they went down the line--of course my memory isn't what it used to be!

Guy Babin

7. scott calhoun

If Neil sees this he can confirm, but I'm pretty sure I remember an earlier post where he said they decided to draw for banks each day.

8. scott calhoun

Actually just took a look at the program.

At the top of page 14 it says "squad and bank numbers will be randomly assigned".

Scott

9. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I'll modify the spreadsheet to take off the squad numbers, but leave a space to write them in based on the draw. It may help some folks figure out approximate start times for their squad.

Last year the PA system wasn't much help and my attempts to use the FM broadcast didn't help much either. What would be cool is a huge illuminated squad board (or two) similar to the ones they use at NASCAR venues to show race standings.

Guy Babin

10. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Sparta Squad Matrix & Bank/Squad Spreadsheet

I created a squad matrix (MS Word) based on 27 banks. It will assist in figuring out what flight your squad will be on any assigned bank.

The .xls spreadsheet file has blank squares under the bank numbers that can be filled in using the squad matrix. Start squad one on the starting bank drawn for any particular event and fill in the rest of the first 27 squads. Then fill the remaining squad numbers from the column your squad is in from the matrix.

If they decide to go with 24 banks, I'll update as required if there's interest.

The matrix saves the math, and the filled-in bank sheet provides the visual a squad board does at smaller shoots.

If you'd like copies please send an Email.

Guy Babin

11. dedpair

dedpair Active Member

I had heard thru some higher ups that they were short on help by as many as 200 people at one point. If they have to cut back on banks I think that will be part of the problem and not a lack of attendance as others have predicted. And the east end is supposed to have 4 practice traps, in front of the tent vendors. I wouldn't be suprised to see it all run on the East end, and have the shoot offs where they were last year along with makeup and more practice. As to the bank drawing, I think it's a great idea. All the banks are pretty much the same, if you still want to shoot on a particular bank you can still wait for the # to be drawn than go and squad. Hope to see you all there!!

Jeff G

12. J. Fox

J. Fox TS Member

Scott,

I found out the definition of "squad and bank numbers will be randomly assigned". This means during presquadding you may get the time requested but the squads/banks will be assigned randomly. I was told this morning they will not draw starting banks. Guess we will wait and see. Wish someone in the know would answer these questions. jake513

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

spreadsheet sparta