1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spanish Fork

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chipped1, Sep 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

During a trip to Utah this week I had the pleasure of shooting at Spanish Fork. I didn't have my gun with me but that didn't matter since a couple of the local shooters offered their guns. I shot with a couple of great guys and had a fantastic time. Spanish Fork has unbelievable vistas, colorful scrub oak, and some very friendly people.

What a great time!

Chip

2. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

You were about a week early.

Spanish Fork has their fall shoot next weekend (Sep. 25 - 26).

The weather looks like it will be very nice.

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Yes, Scott, it should be super. I'm going to pass though. Saturday is the opener of my black powder antelope hunt on the East Fork of the Salmon in Idaho. Then a week after that is the opener for ducks and geese in SE Idaho. The week after that I have bull elk and Mule deer on the East Fork, followed by antelope in central Montana when I'm done. Fall is for hunting, not trap shooting.

See you in Purgatory next winter.

4. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

Pocatello --

Sounds like your knee replacement was a blessing to your hunting. Glad to see you are doing well.

I am awaiting our Quail season here in Arizona with eagerness. Getting ready now to go for a hike in the desert to check out a few places and get my new boots broke in.

Tom Strunk

5. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

I shot Spanish Forks last year for their state shoot wonderful people very friendly best targets I ever shot at. You shoot overlooking a valley the back round is perfect the targets look like Pizza pies. One of the local shooters told me not to shoot until after 10 am in the morning and it was the best advice I received that week. At night the wind really picks up in the mountains and blows right threw the valley and at 10 am it just stops like clock work happened every day I was there I got up and waited for it to happen it amazed me. There is a tree right below the club house where some of the old timers sit and I sat with them all week they made me feel very welcome as did the Husband and wife who were running the shoot they treated me like a valued customer and friend. Plus I shot games at night with the club supplying prizes one of my favorite memories of shooting out west last year.
    Buddy Walters from FLorida

6. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Tom,

Yes, the knees are great. Even last fall I was able to go places where the year before I could not.

Good luck with the quail. I'm looking forward to hunting with my new pup after the big game is done. A little over a week ago my wife and I took our annual trip to the Oregon coast, and returned via southern Oregon, stopping in Lakeview overnight. There were quail everywhere, with a big covey both morning and evening on the parking strip outside our motel. It looked like a bird hunting Mecca around there.

I also had a covey of Huns walking around the rifle range here at home when I was practicing Friday morning. The shooting didn't seem to bother them at all. Most upland bird seasons opened here yesterday, but my pup is over at a field trial in Klamath Falls this week, so the bird hunting will need to wait until later.

7. chipped1

chipped1 TS Member

I too spent some time talking with the woman who runs Spanish Fork and I had a very similar experience. She is very nice and made me feel very welcome. She even offered her new BT-99 to shoot since I was traveling without my gun.

Spanish Fork is on my radar now and I can't wait to get back there.

Great place, great people. I love this sport.

Chip

8. snglfoot

snglfoot Member

Great in all respects,,,they even teach the targets to look back and see where your shot is, then get in front of it. LOL It is the hightlite of my year shooting, have to make it there from So. Cal. every July.
    Norman

9. Art D

Art D Member

I shoot the state and had the same as above and shoot some of my highest scores, I shoot 99 in single and 99 in caps, which got me the senior vet for that day in caps. There were very nice to my wife and I and will shoot there again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.