1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spam forwards to TS.COM shooter's emails...

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by whiz white, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Spam forwards to TS.COM shooter

I have been getting some email forwards, twice now in last 10 minutes from a Michelle Lowry, and a TS.COM member regarding some sort of tax credit or wanting to sell my home.

In looking at all the FORWARDS, there are quite a few shooter's names I recognize. Consequently, either a TS.COM member, or a scammer is harvesting our emails.

Not a big deal, since you can easily block these, but if one of us members is doing this, then stop, or at least stop mine. I am also blocking the TS.COM member's email address, so if he needs any Perazzi or P/W help, I'll never get an email from him now... he'll have to call.

Whiz

2. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you ever put your email on a forum or any other place on the net the public can get to you run the risk of getting spammed.

If everyone would just use the PM service we have here to request and send their email addresses we would stop this before it starts.

3. whiz white

We've been here before.

I'm not afraid to deal with the spam at the expense of listing my email address, because ts.comers need my email address for P gun and P/W parts.

As stated above, it's easy to block these emails, but the "hint" was for another ts.com shooter to NOT be forwarding unsubstiantiated, unresearched info. I'm a big boy and can handle the spam.

One thing I absolutely detest, is someone forwarding crap and using the CC to list all those he/she forwarded that info to for all to see. Now THAT is wrong. My retired educator's association state-wide was doing that, and I got that nipped in the bud.

If I forward on a good joke to a couple of my buddies, I NEVER use CC, but use BCC instead. I do this so as not to divulge there email addresses. Small thing to do, but if they want to pass the humor on, then they'll have to generate their own list (hoping that they also use the BCC).

Whiz

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Hi Whiz, I think it is a hacker getting into a TS.com member's e-mail and sending them out. Your e-mail address happens to be in that person's e-mail contacts when they get broken into. I've been sent that spam from people on TS.com ... one was a good friend that needed cash to get home as his wallet had been stolen. I knew he was at home, so I called him. His e-mail had been hacked. Bill Malcolm

5. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Ever since I logged onto the Ljutic forum I keep getting garbage email with the subject line {ljutic213} which I don`t ever open but they keep coming .

6. whiz white

Spam forwards to TS.COM shooter

I have been getting some email forwards, twice now in last 10 minutes from a Michelle Lowry, and a TS.COM member regarding some sort of tax credit or wanting to sell my home.

In looking at all the FORWARDS, there are quite a few shooter's names I recognize. Consequently, either a TS.COM member, or a scammer is harvesting our emails.

Not a big deal, since you can easily block these, but if one of us members is doing this, then stop, or at least stop mine. I am also blocking the TS.COM member's email address, so if he needs any Perazzi or P/W help, I'll never get an email from him now... he'll have to call.

Whiz

7. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you ever put your email on a forum or any other place on the net the public can get to you run the risk of getting spammed.

If everyone would just use the PM service we have here to request and send their email addresses we would stop this before it starts.

8. whiz white

We've been here before.

I'm not afraid to deal with the spam at the expense of listing my email address, because ts.comers need my email address for P gun and P/W parts.

As stated above, it's easy to block these emails, but the "hint" was for another ts.com shooter to NOT be forwarding unsubstiantiated, unresearched info. I'm a big boy and can handle the spam.

One thing I absolutely detest, is someone forwarding crap and using the CC to list all those he/she forwarded that info to for all to see. Now THAT is wrong. My retired educator's association state-wide was doing that, and I got that nipped in the bud.

If I forward on a good joke to a couple of my buddies, I NEVER use CC, but use BCC instead. I do this so as not to divulge there email addresses. Small thing to do, but if they want to pass the humor on, then they'll have to generate their own list (hoping that they also use the BCC).

Whiz

9. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Hi Whiz, I think it is a hacker getting into a TS.com member's e-mail and sending them out. Your e-mail address happens to be in that person's e-mail contacts when they get broken into. I've been sent that spam from people on TS.com ... one was a good friend that needed cash to get home as his wallet had been stolen. I knew he was at home, so I called him. His e-mail had been hacked. Bill Malcolm

10. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Ever since I logged onto the Ljutic forum I keep getting garbage email with the subject line {ljutic213} which I don`t ever open but they keep coming .

11. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

In addition to using the BCC (blind carbon copy for those of you who are new to email), you also should DELETE everyone's email addresses when you forward something on that someone sent you. What I mean is, when you hit "forward", you will see the email address (or list of addresses) that were on the email that was originally sent to YOU. Please delete all of those email addresses before you forward something on.

The main purpose of starting a cute joke or any of those other forwarded email chains is to harvest email addresses. That truly is why they are started. Please delete any email addresses before sending, and you will see a big reduction in SPAM on the internet.

12. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Whiz and Curvy's remarks are confirmed by me. No need to explain further.

13. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I have also gotten a couple spam email from ts.com members in the last couple months. Will request to be removed from their forward list in the future.

14. whiz white

I often ask a sender to delete my email address from their forwarding list. I try to be respectful about it, but every once in a while the sender thinks that I am being tough to deal with for loast of a better response.

Personally, I just don't have enough time in the day to peruse through all my emails for b usiness items etc. I see one from a person I know and/or have dealt with and I usualy open it. Unfortunatelely, many times it's just a forwarded piece of gossip being passed around. This is what I really don't like.

Anyone got a better idea on how to policitally correct request NOT to receive these????? I'd be all ears.

Whiz

15. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

Last year I got an email from an X TS.com poster. He said he had got an email about my new business. Seems it was a company selling cameras and phones and electronic misc.. I replied that I had not sent it and my email must have been hacked.

I went to my address book and changed all the addresses, except 2 and I told them about the hack, so they would be un deliverable.

I did have some company that sent out a lot of junk that was not deliverable for about three months or so then it diminished.

If anybody got one from my email address it was NOT from me.Seems I posted something here about it at the time I was hacked. Ray

16. Ljutic 4 Ice

Ljutic 4 Ice TS Member

Someone or some program has hacked my old email address, If you get an email from dpyice@yahoo.com, delete it and please block it. I'm working on it, cleaned all contacts, old emails, and stopped using it. Thanks David

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.