1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Spam For Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by minnship8, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. minnship8

minnship8 Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

While I understand that people need to do business...how much is too much?

I see Aaron on here many time in a week bumping his Kolar ad to the top.

Then we have, as an example, Ketchums Supply, who, although a new addition, is bumping his thread to the top many times during the day.

Then we have ClayTargetsSSE who has a number of threads selling clothing, and although they seem to be only bumping once per day, they seem to be constantly at the top of the for sale category with a different thread, meaning they are bumping constantly throughout the day.

I'm not singling these people out particularly, they are just ready examples.

I haven't been around that long, but these practices seem abusive of a pretty permissive atmosphere. I have bought and sold things here and felt as though it would be wrong to bump my posts more than once daily. For these commercial enterprises, not offering anything new for days/weeks/months, bumping more than weekly seems intrusive.

I like to check the threads, it's just a little aggravating to see commercial interests taking precedence when they have nothing new to say/offer.

My 2 cents,
    Regards,
    Chip

2. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Chip:
    When I saw your title I thought you were selling Spam in a can. In the 50's that's all we could afford. Can't stand looking at the stuff today.
    Steve Balistreri

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Last time I saw Spam in the can it was in a box of C rations...

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

0   0   0

Damn had my hopes up. Ain't nothing better than a fried Spam and egg sandwich except maybe Spamburgers with lettuce,tomatoes and mayonnaise. Just stay away from the Turkey Spam that stuff is flat nasty and you couldn't brown it with a blow torch.

--- Chip King ---

5. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

0   0   0

Why is Hawaii the biggest Spam consuming state

6. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Nothing better than fried spam sandwich, while I'm looking the great adds posted on this site.

Ajax

7. kgp912kgp

kgp912kgp Active Member

0   0   0

UP FOR SPAM

8. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

0   0   0

TTT, but personally I like Chipped Beef.

[​IMG]

9. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Come to Memphis and we'll try some BBQ Spam.

10. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

The blend of cultures in Hawaii. Japanese make rice balls called Musubi. Some innovative person made a rice sandwich with spam in the middle, rice and a strip of dried seaweed circling the middle to hold so your fingers do not get sticky, so was born the Spam Musubi. You got your starch, protein, fat and veggie, kinda like a ham sandwich with lettuce. You see them at almost every picnic.

Also, Spam and 2 eggs over easy on top of 2 scoops of sticky/short grain rice, ketchup and/or soy sauce and Tabasco sauce if you are into spicy, is an island favorite for breakfast.

And when times are tough, chop up some Spam and Cabbage, serve with sticky rice.

Jason

11. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

burp...

sportshot_2008_0303145.jpg

12. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

0   0   0

Well, I hate to act all serious, but ClayTargetSSE are advertisers (sponsors), so I'd think they'd be okay to bump or have multiple threads.

As to the others, I don't know. They certainly are not as annoying as the guy who wanted to sell a place at the Dollar, but wouldn't/couldn't post pictures.

BTW-I ate a LOT of C Rations and never saw Spam. I think they packaged larger spam loaves in what they called (IIRC) B rations and they went to the cooks in the field who sliced and heated the spam. I once had Spam in a little village called Quang Ngai for, again IIRC, thirty some meals in a row-breakfast, lunch and dinner. Actually, it may have been twenty some meals as three weeks of the stuff sticks in my mind and it still gives me the near-pukies.

Kind of lost my taste for it and have only eaten it once since 1966.

Bob

13. Mr. Lester

Mr. Lester Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

When I was a kid, we were so poor that spam was a special treat.
    Wasn't there a product called Treat? Lester

14. Libra1310

Libra1310 TS Member

0   0   0

I can't honestly remember ever eating spam. Not that I wouldn't have, just couldn't afford it.

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Damn if you couldn't afford Spam, you were poor. LOL

16. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Ok. I'll take my toys and leave

17. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

My first thread wasn't any better. And should have been about food. I guess now I am going to have to come up with a Spam recipe... Stay tuned.

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

I actually liked the spam in C Rations in the Corp

19. APrice

APrice Active Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Lester, it was "Treet," Armour's product to compete with Spam.

I don't remember any real Spam in my C-rats either, but there was a similar item that I grew to like...think it was labeled "Spiced Beef with Sauce." The "Turkey Loaf" was what I dreaded the most, especially after about a week of it.

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My daughter just got a job with Hormel, the makers of SPAM. She starts after she gets her bachelors degree, next May.

Please buy lots of SPAM and help support my daughter, so I won't have to any more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.