1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SP 10 question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigbore613, Jan 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

A buddy of mine has an SP-10 remington and the mag spring is rusty. Is it alone replaceable ? I am guessing the mag tube threads into the receiver? All I see on brownells is the assembly.I dont have the gun yet. He wants to know if anyone makes a stainless version like Sure Cycle. All help appreciated. Jeff

2. Fowlgunner

Fowlgunner Member

Jeff,

Sorry I am a little confused, you are stating the magazine spring is rusted, but then you ask about "Sure Cycle" which is a action spring replacement.

Either way the guys at Sure Cycle can probably help you but I do not believe they make a "stock" SP10 sure cycle action spring kit. Jeff Hajjar, the developer of the sure cycle system, should be able to make you a custom one, but it may be more expense than your friend would like to put in it. I know he provides stainless magazine springs for various guns including Gold 10's, so he should be able to fix you up if that is what you need also.

Here's the link: http://surecycle.com/store/pc/home.asp

Good Luck and tell him Will Gurton sent you.

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

How bad is the spring/tube rusted. Is he able to clean it up on a wire wheel.

I shoot a SP10 for waterfowl all the time and I have looked for a stainless spring but to no avail. I just keep little oil on it. I will look into what Will said also regarding stailess. Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.