1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Soviet style gun control in Oregon....

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Jun 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    The future of gun control. It has happened to a man in Oregon, and it will happen to more.

2. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Yeah, people on here said I was crazy to mention the UN Agenda 21 project.

Social Equity (Social injustice)

Social justice is described as the right and opportunity of all people “to benefit equally from the resources afforded us by society and the environment.” Redistribution of wealth. Private property is a social injustice since not everyone can build wealth from it. National sovereignty is a social injustice. Universal health care is a social injustice. All part of Agenda 21 policy.

Economic Prosperity

Public Private Partnerships (PPP). Special dealings between government and certain, chosen corporations which get tax breaks, grants and the government’s power of
    Eminent Domain to implement sustainable policy. Government-sanctioned monopolies.

Local Sustainable Development policies

Smart Growth, Wildlands Project, Resilient Cities, Regional Visioning Projects, STAR Sustainable Communities, Green jobs, Green Building Codes, “Going Green,” Alternative Energy, Local Visioning, facilitators, regional planning, historic preservation, conservation easements, development rights, sustainable farming, comprehensive planning, growth management, consensus.

It's all part of Big Brother "Helping".

Jerbear

3. Brian in Oregon

Obviously the authorities in Oregon don't consider the Constitution to be an issue here.

4. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

The NRA should get on this and help this man sue the hell out of the police...Bill

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Show me your papers...........

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

From the link at the OP -

"If you would like to assist David in his battle against this outrageous deprivation of his rights, the Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation has set up a fund for him. You may make a tax deductible donation to the Foundation or if you prefer, you can make a donation directly to David.
    David Pyles
    c/o the "David Pyles Legal Defense Fund"
    P.O. Box 2765, Portland, OR 97208

If you choose to donate through OFEF you can donate by check to :
    Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation
    PO Box 556
    Canby OR 97013

Be sure to note that your donation is for David.

If you would prefer to make a secure donation online, you can safely do so at this link. Under "Donation Type" be sure to pick Oregon Firearms Educational Foundation and make a note that your gift is for David's defense. Clearly this kind of abuse must be stopped. We are all at risk. Thanks for your support."

7. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Yal this does suck for the poor guy assuming we know all the facts...

What we do know that is not mentioned in the first article is that and this is a cut and paste from the link I posted is that...

"On March 4, Pyles was placed on administrative leave, which required him to work from home. On March 5, 6, and 7, after getting his income tax refund, he made three purchases of five firearms. Pyles describes himself as a gun enthusiast, who had already owned several weapons. All three new purchases required an Oregon background check, which would have prohibited the transactions had Pyles ever been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor involving violence, or been committed by the state to a mental health institution. Pyles says he has no criminal record, and says he never threatened anyone in his office. (A specific threat of violence would have likely brought a criminal charge.) The Oregon State Police, the Medford Police Department, and the Oregon Department of Transportation did not respond to requests for comment."

So a government employee who pretty much is hated on this site is placed on administrative leave.

Please note the years worth of posts on this site about how hard it is to fire a government employee and union members in general...

So the state government of Oregon places an "untouchable" state employee on administrative leave.

Only management, the poor fellow in question, and the cops know if there were any death threats, etc... made upon his placement on admin leave and him having to turn in identification card, keys to buildings, etc....

Now the police if notified that a potential shooter is going to take out his co-workers sees that a fellow one day after being placed on admin leave purchases multiple firearms over the next 72 hours does not react and this guy goes and shoots up the work place, well they the police will be sued.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't...

Seeing as how this story is over one year old, I assume that if the poor guy was a true 'victim' of police brutality that he would have an awesome lawsuit pending....

Maybe there is one, I just couldn't find it....

8. Brian in Oregon

Death threats are a crime here.

That's enough for a warrant to place someone under a mental hold for observation, or be arrested for making the death threats.

No warrant was issued.

That should raise a red flag right there that the authorities did not have the law on their side.

9. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

I guess that would raise a flag, I would just like some more information as to what information the police received. If the police acted improperly and/or illegally I am sure the guy will receive a settlement. I just couldn't find a pending lawsuit.

Law enforcement, let alone anyone these days can't look sideways without being sued by the ACLU, etc. It just surprises me that it is not easier to find some mention of the police acting improperly and the pending lawsuit which is the case in so many other instances. Press releases are always made even if nothing ever goes anywhere, I can't even find a press release. There is more to this story...

10. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

I'm always suspicious of any bogeyman article that ends in "Send us money".

11. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

I remember this being posted in the past. Has this case advanced beyond this stage? It would seem that enough time has passed for legal action to begin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.