1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

southwestern grand

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by chapk80, Aug 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Hi Is there any body out there that could help me im planning a trip to the southwestern grand in april 2009 and i cant get hold of the dates of the comp. It would be appreciated if any of you guys could advise me. As there is a small party of us travelling over from england to attend next years south western grand. And i would like to start booking our flights . Many Thanks PAUL

2. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Thanks Zardozforty for the info if you hear befor me regarding the dates could you please drop me a line . much appreciated paul. CHAP300@aol.com

3. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

IIt is normally held one month after the Southern Grand and the Southwestern Grand starts about the 3rd week of April. Like the above post says it will be determined at the Grand American 2008.If you need help in finding lodging in San Antonio,Tx you can e mail me later after the dates are set.

4. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Hi Thanks for the reply on the trapshooters forum. It would be handy to get the dates for the southwestern grand as its around easter time this year and the flights are getting booked up already. And there is a festival on in san antonio at that time so the accomodation costs more at this time. TYPICAL. With the price of cartridges and fuel etc. Will you be shooting the shoot.

All the bst PAUL

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Paul, greetings from the Grand in Sparta and as I've told you a number of times, you guys _have_ make the trip here someday. Particularly you, since you've reached a new standard with your shooting as evidenced by your recent victory at the English Open with a perfect 300. Ian also has been putting up dominant scores in every event I've seen him in.

We talked to Mike Hampton Jr. a couple of days ago and he set the dates from April 11th through April 19th, 2009. I told him you were planning to attend and he asked to tell you how pleased he was to hear it and I should pass along a personal invitation from him and his club.

The classification rules for DTL shooters you, Ian, and the EC worked out is performing as planned and the cooperation we are getting from foreign shooters is appreciated.

In short, all's well here; we are looking forward to seeing you and your fellow CPSA shooters next Easter. I've set aside a number of 27-yard pins in anticipation.

Neil

6. chapk80

chapk80 Member

Hi neil
    Its very good to hear from you hope you are fit and well. Both ian and myself are looking forward to seeing you at san antonio next september.

We cant get away with much at our side of the pond without you finding out. ha ha ha.

Thanks for the info regarding the dates for the southwestern grand its appreciated as we can now start applying for our permits etc.

There will be a couple of first timers over with us this time, as they have heard how well arganised your events are and how welcome you make us they said what (the hell) book me in im off.

Its very nice to hear from you shoot well at the grand i will be watching the scores and willing you guys along.

All the very best & Good shooting. PAUL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.