1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southwestern Grand Squadding Available on ATA site

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by stnick, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stnick

stnick TS Member

If your going to San Antonio, TX Southwestern Grand Pre-Squading is open.

Go to the ATA site and on front page is a Pre-Squad button to click on.

Pretty easy after that.

2. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

That system doesn't work, I put middle of the day and everything is placed in early! I got squad 1 on one of the reservations??????????????

3. stnick

stnick TS Member

Send an email to the ATA and explain the problem. They will fix it.

4. XXPowder

XXPowder Member

Stnicks, I talked to other people and the same thing happened, I think they need to fix it so people don't have to email them! I think that's a better Idea than have it mess up my reservation and then I have to email them to fix it. I paid them money to presquad and now I have to call them to get it right!
    I hope no one else uses it until it get fixed.......

5. stnick

stnick TS Member

I would contact them so they know what the problem is. Just my thought to get it right, If I pay I want it fixed.

6. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Have to agree with glasses on this one, i squadded and they put me on with shooters that were too short yardage. then they sent the email saying they resquadded me to one of my squadmates. Just like the grand squadding last year its SNAFU. Steve

7. stnick

stnick TS Member

Does Anyone know if it is fixed yet??

8. stnick

stnick TS Member

Does Anyone know if it is fixed yet??

9. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Would be more convenient if the events were dated so you know which events are on which days.

10. perazziboy1

perazziboy1 TS Member

Would have been much better on pre squad or rj stuart.

11. bobr

bobr Member

Why is the ATA trying to reinvent the wheel here when something as good as presquad.com exists and is time tested. This ATA presquad system is nothing more than a glorified RJStuart makeover. Presqudders want to see what they are getting and who they are shooting with. This new system is destined for failure.

I won't be attend teh SW Grand this year for the 1st time in the last 14 years.

BobR

12. Don Rackley

Don Rackley Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

With the new ATA system you get much teh same RJStuart's system, except you do get to see squad numbers after you pay. With Stuart's system, you got to see squad numbers when you got to the shoot. The new ATA system is a small source of revenue for the ATA as opposed to revenue for Stuart, which I think is a good thing.

Presquad.com is much fairer to all shooters, it allows shooters to fully view squad numbers and pick their squad numbers equally and fairly, no hidden reserving of squads. This is the most fair way.

I agree with Karla's statement about needing the dates and event names to be visible, would have made it easier.

13. Vickie

Vickie Member

I agree with Karla and Don. You should have the events numbered and dated and at least be able to see what you are Squadding for. It would be nice to see the squads like presquad.com. But I guess it is a step in the right direction.

14. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Dates have now been added to the event numbers. I appreciate the ATA's quick response to a minor problem. This tells me when there is a concern, an email or phone call to ATA Ex Dir Lynn Gipson is the place to start to get an answer or correction.

15. stnick

stnick TS Member

Well they did make changes, somebody must be listening and the phone calls did some good. Event numbers and dates have been added to the presquad site.

I think the ATA is trying to get away from being dependent on outside contractors to perform services that they feel they should be doing themselves.

RJ and the others had control and it looks like the ATA want to control their own affairs. Maybe it is for the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.