1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southwestern Grand Rip Off

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by perazzitms, May 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzitms

perazzitms TS Member

They want your number because the IRS wants your number. They will gladly keep you pissed in order to keep the IRS from being pissed at them.

For $5K, I'd send them the number.

2. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

No sweat, I sent them my number and my address. As soon as I get the check, I'll let you know so that you won't have to be pissed off.

3. nipper

nipper TS Member

you "must" provide it for them , even though they could find it as you stated, customer no service at its best again.

bill

4. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Every major shoot I have been to in the past few years, including the Grand American, requires your SS#. It is not by their choosing. If you are unhappy write your congress person. - Jim

5. mahrbeezer

mahrbeezer TS Member

I need to get some help. Every time i need to give my SS# I always seem to be off by a number or two. By accident of course.

6. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Jack -

I don't see where the "rip-off" is coming in? Are you not going to get all of the money you are entitled to? Are they keeping a percentage without telling you?

Maybe RJ Stuart sent that letter to everyone instead of just those for whom they didn't have a number, possibly a mistake. Any chance of that, or do you think they just sit around all day figuring out ways to make things harder for everyone?

Scott

7. crusha

crusha TS Member

Jack,

Good shooting dude...

buzz

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I can see you being upset with them, but I fail to see where the ripoff is?

How are they trying to rip you off?

Hauxfan!

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

All individuals who will be sent their winnings through the mail received the same letter. Indianajack was not given special treatment. It is quite possible that Bob has a large number of these letters printed and sealed in an envelope. That way all he has to do is place a mailing label on the outside.

If I had already given my SS # once to a club, I would not have a problem doing it again.

mahrbeezer- Above you may have confessed to a felony. If you would be convicted of the acts you mentioned, you would forfeit any rights of gun ownership you now have. I once submitted an 1099 for one of my workers and I did accidentally invert two of his SS numbers. I got a very impolite letter from the IRS giving me 10 days to clarify the situation or face charges.

Pat Ireland

10. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Jack -

It sounds like your only option now is to teach them a lesson. It was obviously their mistake and you should have no obligation to take any further action. I'd recommend sending them a letter, maybe even registered, and let them know that you will not be providing your SSN again. If you make them keep the $5000 they owe you maybe they will learn their lesson.

Scott

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Jack,

You're not really complaining about having to give your SS# again, you just want to brag a bit. Congrat's on some fine shooting!

ec90t

12. otnot

otnot Active Member

I wonder how many that read this forum work for the IRS? Not only are you going to get taxed but H coded as well! Good shootin.

13. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

That was a pretty inane way to let us know what a hell of a shot you are. I will send them my SS number and explain you aren't interested in the 5K. BRGII

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.