1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southwestern Grand (Facebook album pictures)

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Hessong* (MH*), Apr 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

I just thought I'd let y'all know that I posted a photo album on my Facebook page, last night, pictures from the 2013 Southwestern Grand trapshoot at San Antonio, Texas. Around 120 photos taken during the 6 days of the Grand. If you have a Facebook account and would like to see some of the action that happened last week, feel free to check them out. I don't have any "privacy locks" on the album, and my photos are there for all to see and enjoy (hopefully !!!).

Ill post a link to the pictures on here as well, but not sure in "non"-Facebook folks will be able to see them or not. If you can see them, here's a link to the pictures:

"2013 Southwestern Grand American trapshoot"

The first "link" is for the "https" (secured site link), I will add a 2nd link without the "s" for the "un"-secured site to see if you non-Facebook folks could still see the pictures. Sorry that you will have to do a "copy and paste", but I don't know how to create a direct link or "hot-spot".

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151892618171040.1073741834.722541039&type=1&l=60e690ac73

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151892618171040.1073741834.722541039&type=1&l=60e690ac73

Have a great day,

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

P.S.: It was nice seeing a few of my TrapShooters.com friends last week in SA, TX !

2. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

mikehessongmh_2008_030348.jpg

Here's a picture from my Facebook album of Ray Stafford "smoking" the first target during one of the doubles events last week in San Antonio. Hope y'all enjoy some of the pictures, if you get to see them. Mike* (MH*)

3. Shawn

Shawn Member

Mike
    Great Pictures.

Shawn

4. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

mikehessongmh_2008_030350.jpg

A little experiment in shooting at 12 FPS (frames per second). This 3 shot burst all happened within 1/16 of a second. In the first picture (on the left), you can clearly see the wad, the shot-string and the target. Middle picture; shot-string meets the target, like it "should" every time (LOL). Right picture, what's left of hard hit target.

I created a longer 7-picture shot like this with the target just coming out of the house, but it ended up being over 35 MB's in size and really slows down loading, so I added this smaller version. Hope y'all enjoy.

Pictures taken with a Sony A77 SLT (single lens translucent) that has a fixed mirror and allows for the fastest FPS speed of DSLR type cameras. It's really not a true DSLR, but looks just like one, just doesn't have a moving mirror, and that lets it take such fast frame speeds. The shots were taken with my 18-250 mm (f/3.5-6.3) "walk-around lens". Wish I would have had my 70-200 f/2.8 on at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.