1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Southwest Grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by holdumpleas66, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. holdumpleas66

holdumpleas66 TS Member

Best motel to stay for southwest grand,

2. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

No right answer. There are a ton of them within 10-15 minutes, depends on your preference in a hotel.

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

"There are a ton of them within 10-15 minutes, depends on your preference in a hotel."

Unless things have changed a lot in the last couple of years, this is not true. I did not go in 2009-10, after attending 2004-2008. There was new residential construction out near the National Shooting Complex, and a shopping mall, but no motels then. Most years I stayed at the Red Roof Inn near Culebra, as did many other shooters including Leo Harrison. The price was reasonable (ask for the shooter discount) and the rooms were clean, but it was about a thirty minute drive from the NSC. The drive was opposite to the majority of the traffic, outbound in the mornings, inbound in the late afternoon. I've read some who posted about guns being stolen from the Culebra neighborhood motels, but I never had a problem. On the other hand, I never left mine unattended in the car or motel room either.

4. TEXASZEPHYR

TEXASZEPHYR Member

Theres lots of rooms in the anderson loop IH 10 area. it is about 15 to 20 min from nsc. also lots of good eatin places in that area.

Bob

5. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Pocatello -

I've been there every year since 2004 or 2005. True there are no hotels directly adjacent to the property, but there are a large number of hotels within 10-15 minutes. You can go south on the 1604 a mile or two to the Stotzer Freeway (151) and head east and you'll start running into hotels in 1-2 miles. The area around the 151 and 410 loop is full of hotels, and if you travel north on 410 there are a lot of hotels within 2-3 miles of the 410/151 interchange.

I'm not sure if this link will work (too large to post above, you'll have to cut/paste). It from Travelocity showing hotels in the Roft Road vicinity.

http://travel.travelocity.com/hotel/HotelMultipleLocation.do?SEQ=12964013466460302011&pathIndicator=#T1,O9

It shows 25 hotels within 8.25 miles of the facility and 46 within 10 miles. There are 8 within 5 miles.

Scott

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.