Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern Zone

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  mbbutler 
#1 ·
I can not wait for the Southern Zone Shoot at Forest City Gun Club in Savannah. I was down this week and the club members and staff were friendly and accomadating in spite of the weather. Billy Griffin and his wife,and Chris Cantrell and his staff did a wondeful job. I can not think of a better place for the Zone Shoot.

#2 ·
My grandfather spoke highly of the gun club in Savannah. I have not been able to attend any of the shoots but hope to in the near future.

We have enjoyed having the Southern Zone at our NC Homegrounds and of course at the Spartanburg Gun Club.

I had just gotten back from a shoot in Bradford PA and was unable to attend the Zone this year at Bostic.

Berea is a little longer drive for me but the July average temps for that area a little cooler than coastal GA. I did a little research on the sand gnats and would like some info on how to keep from getting eaten up if I attend the Zone in Savannah.

It will be interesting to see who draws the most shooters based on the locations in 2012. Regardless Savannah and all the locations will host a great Southern Zone in 2012.

Heck who knows - I can invision the Dixie Grand back at Savannah one day and that would save me about 350 miles +/-. Also - I know my wife would travel with me if big multi-day shoots were held there.

FRedmon

#4 ·
Freddy,

I attended the Dixie a couple of years at Savannah.. I don't believe there is anything that will stop the biting.. those critters will drive you insane !! I watched a trap girl dipping rags in kerosene and wrapping them around the bottom of her pant legs in an attempt to stop them. I personally tied every bug juice I could buy with nothing being effective. With some luck the bug companies have come up with something new that will work.

Savannah is a beautiful club and I really enjoyed shooting there. So many places in town to see.. visit .. and eat that you could stay all summer and never run out of places to go.

#5 ·
Thanks for the kind comments. We would love to have a large crowd at the Southern Zone next year. Unfortunatley it is hot everywhere in the south in July. We will have tents and shelters set up around the fields to provide as much shade as possible. As far as the gnats go, the best thing I have found is Avon Skin-so-soft. It seems to work pretty well. A lite breeze is even better. The other bonus to July, is they typically don't like the heat.

We hope everyone had a great time last weekend (despite the weather) and we would like to congratulate young Spencer Power on taking HOA for the shoot. This young man showed some great shooting skills in adverse conditions. Congrats!

If anyone is looking at reserving an RV spot, please email me and I will give all the details. The list is already starting to grow!

Thanks

FCGC

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.