1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

SOUTHERN ZONE-NC HOME GROUNDS-BOSTIC, NC

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shaggist, Jul 21, 2013.

1. shaggist

shaggist Member

The NC location of the Southern Zone Shoot was held at the NC Home Grounds near Bostic, NC these past 4 days. You really missed it if you weren't there. What a Great Shoot!

The NC Home Grounds is one of the most beautiful trapshooting venues in the US. With the NC mountains visible off to the northwest, the green backdrop of pines and deciduous trees makes for a lovely view at the range. The grass was freshly mowed from the walkway behind the individual trap fields out approximately 125 yards. The physical plant, with its excellent parking, large, air-conditioned clubhouse, and lots of hardstand with hookups for campers is very well thoughtout and maintained. Breakfast and lunch were available in the clubhouse, catered by a nearby restaurant. The quality and quantity of their food was exceptional, and, combined with very reasonable prices, if you were hungry while at the shoot, it was your own fault.

The team of people put together by Bob and Carolyn Keever to manage the shoot's Classification, Squadding, Cashiering, Score Collection and Posting, and Squad Schedule Posting were professional in their actions, and delightful in their personalities. Everything ran like clockwork, and the few minor glitches that arose were handled immediately.

One thing that really impressed me was the consistency of the birds thrown from one field to the next. The angles and speed were spot on and were virtually identical no matter what field you were shooting. The only varience was the slight breeze that arose sporatically, and it was never strong enough to effect the birds to any noticeable degree. It was hot and humid, but where in the South isn't in the month of July. The bugs were almost totally absent, with only the odd gnat here and there to bother.

I am one of only about 175 shooters that attended, but if everyone else had as good a time as I did, there are some mighty happy shooters this Sunday evening. You owe it to yourself to go shoot at the NC Home Grounds. You will be glad you did.

Jack Young

2. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Don't forget to thank Joy & Ken Duncan also. Great shoot!

blade819

3. jdomas

jdomas Member

I also had a great time at a great place to shoot. It didn't hurt that I shot the best single of my life there and got my first 200 x 200!

John D.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

The entire NC team deserves a large dose of recognition.

Roger (president of the NC Assoc), Ken & Joy Duncan, Bob & Carolyn Keever, Ron & Loretta Wilson, Jim & Jerri Wilson, Brad & Joni Barnett, Dennis Taylor, Darvon Cornett and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. It was a very seamless shoot. Thanks for all you do for the rest of us.

WELL DONE! Great job.

John Domas.....as for you....congrats on your 200. John and I sat at the table and talked while we were on a rain delay of 1 hr 35 minutes. I didn't know he was 190 straight. After the rain delay he went out and ran the last 10 for a 200. Afterward, he commented that was the hardest 10 shots he ever made. I hope to see you at the Grand Brother John.

Dave

5. SCTrapShot

SCTrapShot Active Member

THis was my first time up there. Great Shoot, Great Place, Good Targets, Lots of Fun. Too Hot!! but a great experience.

6. I.L.M.Ljutic

I.L.M.Ljutic Member

John D.:
    Congratulations on the 200x200! You are the biggest big dog now.
    Arthur Bodell

7. railman

railman Member

I also enjoyed the southern zone shoot at the NC home grounds at Bostic. the staff is in one word OUTSTANDING. Thank you to all who made the shoot run so smoothly. This is one of my favorite places to shoot. the campground is very nice, with a concrete pad as a patio and full hookups for the campers. there is a wonderful antique and classic museum and a farm museum to nearby Forest City to wile away the house in. I arrive early so I can enjoy the area.

8. trapshooterfed

trapshooterfed Member

yes congratulations John Domas ... it was an honor to be able to shoot off against you and the other fine gentlemen for the singles title.

hope to see you at the grand!

Federico Ramirez

9. trapshooterfed

trapshooterfed Member

Search tags for this page

homegrounds nc